Brand New Models for Happy Hacking Keyboard and HHKB Accessories Now Available!
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Sunnyvale, CA, January 06, 2020
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., introduces new Happy Hacking Keyboard (HHKB) models including a Bluetooth enabled model, as well as HHKB branded accessories for avid HHKB fans!
The HHKB was developed by programmers for programmers to provide a smooth and fast keying experience while minimizing hand and finger fatigue. The keyboard only has the most necessary keys resulting in a light, compact and minimalist device. Since its introduction, the HHKB has been used by many customers including programmers and engineers and has sold over 500,000 units worldwide. The core concepts for the HHKB are its intelligent key layout and compact size. While these features have never changed for more than 20 years, keymap customization software and multi-platform support have been introduced to meet the changes in today’s technology and work environment.
“I’ve personally used HHKB for over 20 years for professional and personal use, and I’m very excited to bring the latest generation of this cult classic to the U.S. market.” said Yasunari Shimizu, CEO of Fujitsu Computer Products of America.
- High-Quality Key Switches: HHKB’s Electrostatic Capacitive Key Switch detects changes in electrostatic capacity with each key press. This ensures a smooth and comfortable key touch and high durability. For the HYBRID Type-S models, excellent typing speed and quietness levels are achieved by adopting a unique buffer inside the keys.
- Intelligent Key Layout and Compact Size: The intelligent key layout carried over from the very first HHKB model allows users to enter characters quickly using shortcut keys. In addition, minimizing the number of keys has helped to make the keyboard compact and light so that it is ideal for carrying around.
- High-Quality Details: Long life dye-sublimated key top labeling is used for the characters and symbols on the key tops. This method ensures characters and symbols are printed clearly and also ensures the print will last for a long time. Characters and symbols will not be rubbed off even after the keyboard is used for several years. The HHKB also includes 3 options for keyboard height adjustment, creating a more ergonomic experience for long hours of work.
- Wrist Rests: Made from a combination of beech and maple hardwoods, these wrist rests look and feel the part. Designed to support the wrists over long periods of work and play, they’re crafted with a slight angle for ergonomic comfort. The base has anti-slip rubber pads to keep the wrist rest in place. The wood is finished with a semi-clear surface and is resistant to warping.
- Available in Red, Black, and Ivory
- Made with Beech hardwood and Maple hardwood
- Anti-slip rubber base
- Anti-warp design
- Made in the USA
- Tablet/Phone Stand: The stand provides a convenient place to put your smartphone or tablet while using the keyboard. It is adjustable, foldable, portable, and hands-free. Made of quality premium lightweight aluminum and includes rubber pads that can protect your mobile device from any scratches and sliding.
- The stand is compatible with all 4 -10 inch smartphones and e-readers, even in a protective cover
- Includes a Happy Hacking Keyboard neoprene zipper travel bag with carabiner
- Neoprene zipper travel bag material: Polyester
- Protective Lid:
- Designed specifically to fit the HHKB compact size and key layout
- The HHKB protective lid shields the keys and helps keep the keyboard and keycaps clean
- Includes embossed HHKB logo
- Carrying Case Bundle – Coming Soon! The carrying case bundle includes the HHKB branded carrying case, protective lid and wrist rest.
- Carrying case – a black nylon soft case that accommodates all three items, made in the US
- Protective Lid – as described above
- Wrist Rests – select from black, red, or ivory
- HHKB Pro Classic models - $217 list price
- HHKB Pro HYBRID models - $264 list price
- HHKB Pro HYBRID Type-S models - $320 list price
- Wrist Rests – $50 each
- Tablet/Phone Stand with Travel Bag– $35
- Protective Lid – $35
- Carrying Case Bundle - $105
- Happy Hacking, HHK, HHKB are registered trademarks or trademarks of PFU Limited in Japan.
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
- Other product names and company names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- Up to four devices can be registered and switched at any time.
- Some keys with preset functions may be excluded for the Keymap Customization Function.
About FujitsuFujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.0 trillion yen (US $36 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
BAM Communications for Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Company: Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Date: January 06, 2020
City: Sunnyvale, CA
Company: Fujitsu Computer Products of America