Warranty Information – Retail Products
This warranty applies to Fujitsu Retail products, including: TP8A All-In-One (AIO) PoS terminal, TP8M Modular Box PoS, TP8 LCD Touch & Non-Touch Displays and TP17 Standard Cash Drawers.
Fujitsu will provide customers, for the duration of the warranty period, a warranty for each Fujitsu branded device sold by Fujitsu Australia Limited or one of its authorised representatives, from the date of delivery.
Fujitsu Retail products are covered by a 3-year Standard Next Business Day warranty as defined below, which includes both parts and labour. Fujitsu will repair or replace any defect (in material or workmanship) in the product sold by Fujitsu Australia Limited or one of its authorised representatives.
All Fujitsu branded computing products must be registered for warranty with Fujitsu within 30 days of product purchase via the warranty registration website below. Any delay in registration may cause a subsequent delay in provision of services.
Product Repair Services
Standard warranty - Next Day Business Warranty
Fujitsu's standard Next Business Day on-site warranty includes the cost of labour, travel and spare parts, provided that the device is located within 50kms (by road) of one of the locations listed as providing support for the specified device class in the site coverage document at the link shown below.
If the product is not located within the 50km (by road), a courier Pick Up Repair Return (PURR) service is available. The defective product will be collected from the customer and brought to a qualified service point (service partner or repair centre) for repairs.
To check for available coverage by area and location, please visit the website below.
Alternatively if the product is not located within the 50km (by road) as above, onsite service is available, however an additional charge maybe incurred based on the Fujitsu Customer Support rates applicable at the time of the service call. Customers will be required to agree to a quote prior to attending site.
On-site warranty service will be provided on a 'Next Business Day' basis, between 7.00am and 7.00pm local time seven days a week (excluding Public Holidays).
A service call must be logged before 3.00pm on the current business day to receive a Next Business Day onsite service. Where a call is logged after 3:00pm Fujitsu may attend on the second business day.
Fujitsu must be able to make contact with the customer to diagnose the fault and set an attendance window prior to any onsite attendance.
On-site service refers to an on-site visit by a technician, if required, to investigate a fault and instigate a repair. Where Fujitsu is unable to fix the fault on the initial onsite visit, Fujitsu will endeavour to return to site to complete the repair in a timely manner. Where a repair is not able to be achieved onsite, Fujitsu reserves the right to take the device back to our repair centre to complete the repair.
Fujitsu offers warranty extensions to years 4 and 5 to support your operational objectives. Ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we can respond with reliable parts and expertise to quickly restore your environment. Our target onsite response time of 4 hours is available in defined service areas. Warranty extensions are to be purchased separately within the standard warranty period.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Warranty commences upon delivery to the customer OR after installation (if carried out by Fujitsu).
- Fujitsu does not, as part of this warranty, cover third party software or documentation.
- In the event of a system failure, Fujitsu will not be responsible for providing or re-loading any software other than the original Fujitsu operating system, except where purchased as an optional service (where available).
- Fujitsu is expressly relieved of any and all liability for the loss of data and information occurring in the course of providing services. A regular data backup by customer is recommended when using any computer hardware or software. A data backup is required prior to service activities, as Fujitsu will not bear any liability for loss of data during service. Please note that you, as the user of the device, bear the sole responsibility for a complete data backup including application and operating system software.
- Warranty does not cover repair of a system where a security feature has been activated and the password(s) cannot be provided.
- The warranty does not cover product that has not been used in accordance with its specifications.
- The customer must provide proof of purchase upon request.
- Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. All replaced parts shall become the property of Fujitsu. Fujitsu cannot be held responsible for any data on removed media. Customers may request for the media to remain in their control, in which case the cost of the part will be invoiced to the customer.
- The Fujitsu warranty will be treated as invalid if the equipment has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of:
- accident, misuse non compliance with manufacturer’s specifications or abuse
- mains supply electrical surges or lightning strikes
- water damage or other acts of nature
- any form of service or interference by anyone other than Fujitsu or a Fujitsu Authorised Service Provider
- modification to the hardware and/or software sold by Fujitsu to the purchaser without the written permission of Fujitsu, and
- the use of parts not manufactured, authorised or sold by Fujitsu
- Fujitsu does not, and will not, provide warranty on any non approved Fujitsu products, either hardware or software.
- If Fujitsu determines that the equipment is not defective within the terms of the warranty, the customer will pay Fujitsu all costs of handling, transportation, travel, and labour, and for any customer approved repairs at Fujitsu’s then prevailing rates.
- Other than as stated in this warranty, and apart from any warranty or condition implied by law and which cannot be excluded, all conditions and warranties are excluded to the full extent allowed by law.
- These warranty provisions are subject to any statutory provisions mandatorily imposed by any consumer protection or manufacturers warranties legislation. To the extent Fujitsu is entitled to do so; Fujitsu’s liability will be limited at its option to the replacement of a product, the supply of an equivalent product or the repair of a product, or the payment of the cost of doing any of those things.