NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Fujitsu Limited of Japan, an international leader in computers, telecommunications, microelectronics and software, since 1935 has been a telecommunications manufacturer, making telephones, switching systems and related carrier equipment. Today the Fujitsu International Group of Companies is one of the largest technology endeavors in the world. This is a global force of over five hundred (500) companies with operations in more than one hundred (100) countries, with a workforce of over 200,000 employees worldwide.
Fujitsu first entered the Philippine market in 1963, when a four-man team of Fujitsu engineers was to dispatched to install a Fujitsu Automatic Computer (FACOM) Model 212 system at the Philippine Bureau of Customs.
This was a landmark in Fujitsu history, being the first Fujitsu computer installation outside of Japan. Several other computer systems were soon installed, through the sales efforts of trading companies and local distributors. Because of its early successes in the Philippines, Fujitsu decided to start up its formal operations into the country. A joint venture company was thus organized on April 23, 1975 as FACOM Computers Philippines, Inc., which was subsequently renamed to Fujitsu Philippines Inc. (FPI) in 1983.
Fujitsu Limited thought of creating a worldwide system of storage device manufacturing facilities thus giving birth to Fujitsu Computer Products Corporation of the Philippines or FCPP on February 1, 1995. March 30, 1995 was the start of FCPP's plant construction and groundbreaking in Canlubang, Calamba, Laguna. Then came the plant's inauguration on July 12, 1996 by His Excellency, President Fidel V. Ramos.