Download Full Case Study PDF
Otto Group IT
Otto Group IT implemented ONTAP Select @ PRIMERGY
Otto Group IT is the "digital Spiderman" of the internationally operating Otto Group. As an internal IT supplier and innovative business partner, Otto Group IT assists 123 companies within the Otto Group with efficient fit-for-purpose IT solutions. With a market-oriented tech stack, Otto Group IT works on the latest innovations, services and technologies. The com¬pany continuously optimizes automation and virtualization processes while simultaneously emphasizing stability and efficiency.
Otto Group IT's hardware infrastructure was outdated and needed a general overhaul. The goal was to provide a solution that could be managed across locations and significantly increase performance at the same time.
An all-in-one package consisting of Fujitsu PRIMERGY servers and NetApp storage systems in a cluster configuration ensures highly available IT processes. The ONTAP Select @ PRIMERGY software-defined storage solution (SDS) permits consistent backup and disaster recovery (DR) at company headquarters and in the 19 field offices.
- Highly available data provision
- Dynamic capacity expansion for changing business requirements
- On-site file services and central backup
- Easy management of known systems (FUJITSU PRIMERGY servers and ONTAP as the storage operating system)
- Increased performance
- Shorter response times and faster processing due to the latest hardware