Fujitsu Unveils the World’s Lightest and Fastest Wireless Scanner – Introducing the ScanSnap iX100 Mobile Scanner
Equipped with Built-In Battery and Wi-Fi Connectivity, ScanSnap iX100 Enables Anywhere, Anytime Scanning to Your Computer, Smartphone and Tablet
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Equipped with the same revolutionary “GI” image processor technology in the ScanSnap iX500 desktop scanner, the ScanSnap iX100 enables users to quickly transmit searchable PDF or JPEG files such as receipts, business documents, bills, business cards, and plastic ID cards directly to a Windows or Mac computer, as well as iOS, Android™ and Kindle Fire mobile devices.
Utilizing the free “ScanSnap Connect” app on a mobile device or tablet, anyone can connect to the scanner through Direct Connect mode by selecting the iX100 as the Wi-Fi network and immediately begin scanning crystal clear images to their device. At home or in the office, users can connect to an existing wireless access point, or simply connect via the iX100 Direct Connect mode if there isn’t a traditional Wi-Fi network available. Watch the tutorial videos below to see just how versatile the wireless technology is inside the iX100 to easily save documents to a computer or quickly scan them to a mobile device:
- At home or in the office: Connect via the Wi-Fi provided by a traditional in-home or office access point to the computer or to a mobile device.
- On the road: Through Direct Connect mode, the scanner acts as the access point that enables scanning in any location in the absence of a traditional Wi-Fi network in the environment.
The "ScanSnap Connect" app can be downloaded in the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store, as well as the Amazon App Store for Kindle Fire.
“The ultimate goal with the new ScanSnap iX100 is to meet the needs of our customers at the intersection of mobility and productivity, while providing all of the intuitive document imaging capabilities that our customers have come to expect from the ScanSnap product line,” said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “From its built-in battery and Wi-Fi connectivity to its receipt and business card scanning capabilities, the ScanSnap iX100 gives customers the most flexible mobile scanning solution for anywhere, anytime scanning to a computer, smartphone or tablet.”
Additional ScanSnap iX100 Productivity Features
The ScanSnap iX100 is geared to meet the needs of today's ever-changing on-the-go lifestyle by providing the same easy-to-use one-button scanning solution with advanced imaging technology that customers have come to expect with ScanSnap. These new and innovative features of the iX100 give consumers and business professionals addtional intuitive productivity tools:
- Dual Scan: The ScanSnap iX100 is able to feed more than one small document at a time so that users can be more efficient and productive when scanning several business cards or receipts.
- Automatic Document Stitching: Documents larger than legal size(1), such as charts and diagrams, can be easily scanned and stitched together. Simply fold the documents in half, scan both sides, and the iX100 will automatically stitch it back together, producing a one-page image.
- Battery Powered: The iX100 includes a built-in rechargeable lithium battery capable of scanning up to 260 sheets(2) continuously and when fully charged.
- Multiple Document Feeding Options: With an adjustable two-way paper path, the ScanSnap iX100 is able to support a wide range of documents such as plastic cards, IDs or thick stock straight through. When in tight or cluttered workspaces, the U-turn path returns scanned documents upward back to the waiting hand of the operator.
- Continuous Document Feeding (CDF): Utilizing the scanner’s Continuous Document Feeding (CDF) capability, users are able to scan several pages very quickly. Simply press the scan button on the first page and then insert each remaining sheet into the guide to have iX100 automatically feed them through.
Intelligent Software Features for the Paperless Lifestyle
The ScanSnap iX100 is bundled with software for both Windows and Mac computers.
- ScanSnap Receipt: Users can enjoy a whole new level of convenience with ScanSnap Receipt software powered by ABBYY®, a world leader in optical character recognition. This robust new software intelligently and automatically extracts data from receipts, allowing users to manage them all in one place.
- CardMinder: For efficiency in business card scanning, CardMinder automatically extracts the information on business cards into editable fields that can be exported to Outlook, Excel®, Salesforce and other contact management software.
- Intelligent and Convenient Document Processing: Comes loaded with a full suite of intelligent scanning features such as automatic paper size and color detection along with automatic de-skew and orientation.
- Cloud Services Support: Users can scan documents directly to Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, and Salesforce from their computer, giving them even more flexibility to store, share and access their paperwork.
- ScanSnap Manager: Provides users with one-button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features, and custom scan settings (profiles) for a simple operation with sophisticated results.
- ScanSnap Organizer: Offers users a convenient way to store, manage and view PDF and JPEG files as well as perform post-scan editing and searchable PDF conversion.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™ allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork into editable Word® and Excel files at the push of a button.
Pricing and Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX100 is available now for $229 (U.S. list) through Fujitsu authorized resellers and mail order catalogs.
Bundled With Three-Month Evernote Premium License (For a Limited Period)
The ScanSnap iX100 is bundled with a three-month Evernote Premium license while supplies last.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about Fujitsu ScanSnap visit:
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
The Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner comes standard with a 1-year depot limited warranty. Additionally, the Advance Exchange™ service offering, the Fujitsu overnight replacement program, provides the customer a replacement scanner prior to shipment of any malfunctioned scanner back to Fujitsu. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or service sales at 800-301-9475 or visit http://www.ImagingService.com
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 162,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$46 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the document imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning and internal network security solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business issues and streamline operations. With a technology portfolio that also includes best in class network security appliance solutions, Fujitsu looks to provide organizations with an easy way to monitor and prevent threats from the inside out. For more information about Fujitsu document imaging, visit:http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa, and for network security solutions and services, visit:www.inetsecsmartfinder.com.
Diane Vo - FCPA
Company:Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
George Wang - Voce Communications, Inc.
Company:Voce Communications, Inc.
Date: September 16, 2014
City: Sunnyvale, CA
Fujitsu Computer Products of America