Fujitsu Laboratories Hosts Advanced Technology Symposium on Explainable AI and Ethics
Speakers to discuss state of technology and future roadmap including industry adoption and social guidelines
From financial services and clinical diagnosis systems to future fully autonomous vehicles, AI technologies are increasingly making far-reaching decisions on our behalf. The classic sense-decision-action loop is being replaced by AI technologies where there is exponential speedup of action. However, for society at large to have confidence in the accuracy and fairness of these systems, it is critical that they be transparent, free from bias and the causality between input and action be understood in easily explainable terms. This requires the development of new explainable AI models that maintain consistency, accuracy and operate under social rules surrounding ethics and morality.
“To accelerate human adoption and acceptance, AI systems of the future will need to be built from the ground up with explainability and ethics at their core” said Shigeru Sasaki, CEO, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. “With our historic focus on delivering human-centric technologies, Fujitsu is uniquely positioned to meet these challenges with innovative product and service offerings”.
The technology showcase will feature the latest innovations from Fujitsu Laboratories including the following:
- Successful Customer Case Studies of eXplainable AI Based on Combining Deep Tensor and Knowledge Graph
- Newly Developed "Wide Learning" Technology for Increasing Learning Performance and Transparency of AI
- Deep Tensor with Transparency Tools
- Prediction Is Not Sufficient. Businesses Demand Explainability of AI Decisions
- Applying Deep Tensor to Consumer Phone Call History to Predict Borrowing Risk
- AI x Simulation: Using AI to Reduce Simulation Costs and Increase Product Quality and Manufacturing Efficiency
- AI for Expert SAKE Brewing
- Reinforcement Learning Based Traffic Signal Control Validated in Real-Time Real World Traffic Simulation
- High Accuracy Arrhythmia Detection Based on Topological Data Analysis
- AI Based Service-Aware Network Operation Technologies for Optimal Planning and Optimization
- Hardware-based Technology for Secure External Deployment of Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics
- Open Set Recognition Technology for Better Identification of Unknown Objects
- Enhance Web API Solutions with Automated API Learning
- Solving Large Scale Lattice Protein Folding Problems Using Fujitsu Digital Annealer
- Fujitsu Digital Annealer Real-World Use Case Scenarios - Improving Traffic Flow on Tokyo Roads
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Laboratories
Founded in 1968 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. is one of the premier research centers in the world. With a global network of laboratories in Japan, China, the United States and Europe, the organization conducts a wide range of basic and applied research in the areas of Next-generation Services, Computer Servers, Networks, Electronic Devices and Advanced Materials. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/jp/group/labs/en/
About Fujitsu Laboratories of America
Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc. (FLA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. (Japan), focusing on research in AI, networking technologies, API management, and software development and solutions for several industries. Conducting research in an open environment, FLA contributes to the global research community and the IT industry. FLA is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com/us/about/businesspolicy/tech/rd/
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and “shaping tomorrow with you” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. Other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: October 09, 2018
City: Santa Clara, CA
Fujitsu Laboratories, Ltd.,
Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc.