” Fujitsu has helped us take advantage of the opportunity that ITs provide us in order to improve our services and make them more flexible, as well as modernizing ULPGC”
Mr. Carlos Mena Mesa, ULPGC Computer Systems Director
- Technological Consulting
- Network Storage Infrastructure
- Decrease in traffic when there are multiple users
- Greater flexibility in handling incidents and requests
- Interface totally adapted to the ULPGC’s criteria
- Total integration and compatibility with all of the technological elements and work procedures of the University
- System reliability
The solution designed and implemented by FUJITSU is structured into two very well-differentiated areas. On the one hand, the implementation of a backup solution, with the installation of the proper components at both the hardware and software levels, and on the other, the implementation, design and setup of the Backup policies indicated by the ULPGC, in order to create a customized, optimized design for its structure.
The solution’s reliability, scalability and adaptability to the new platform are based on the installation and setup of the solution at the hardware and software levels: the library of Storagetek L40 tapes and the CX600 disc cab, which provides reliability and the features of an EMC solution, broadly meet the needs of this environment. The two switches included in the offer make up and optimize the final architecture by designing a SAN storage network with high connectivity and the best of features.
In addition to this, in order to put the backup system into operation, it became necessary to connect the backup network equipment with the rest of the ULPGC’s corporate network, where some of the servers that formed part of the safeguarding policies were located.
The result is a technological multi-platform storage solution with a large capacity and a high level of recovery that has bee perfectly integrated into the technological and procedural environment of the ULPGC.
With the Storage Infrastructure solution in the ULPGC network, the client will benefit from:
- A decrease in traffic when there are multiple users. Centralized management of the system and the sharing of storage resources allows traffic reduction via LAN when there are multiple users and a high level of scalability.
- Greater flexibility in handling incidents and requests. The total computerization of the process, the knowledge base and the management of reports all accelerate the search for finding solutions to problems and the tracking of the tasks necessary to perform changes and improvements on the initial architecture.
- Interface totally adapted to the ULPGC’s criteria. The pleasant interface and easy use of the software installed comprise the right backup policy for the institutional development of the ULPGC.
- Total integration and compatibility with all of the technological elements and work procedures of the University. The solution contributed by FUJITSU has not only included the perfect relationship between all of the systems and applications. It is also completely adapted to the way of working desired by the ULPGC.
- System reliability. The implemented architecture is characterized by its high level of reliability and the information security available in the storage system. Most notable is its capacity to immediately recover and the “instant restore” of the applications, thereby providing security in the everyday management of applications by the staff in charge and the users at the ULPGC.