NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Fujitsu Launches SystemInspection Services to Optimise Hybrid IT estates
- Discovery Services help define a baseline for data-driven transformation, taking a deep dive into IT estate topography from edge to core to cloud
- Customers are enabled to highlight bottlenecks and identify potential for improved utilisation of existing infrastructure
- Outcomes can include improved utilisation of resources on SAP® software systems and storage infrastructure as well as reduced capital expenditure, risk mitigation and strengthened data protection and audit compliance
New Fujitsu SystemInspection Services build an enterprise-wide snapshot of system elements, assessing digital transformation readiness. Customers starting by stress-testing their entire infrastructure are best placed to put in place a roadmap for digital transformation.
The Fujitsu SystemInspection Service for SAP solutions builds an inventory of operational SAP environments, creating a holistic view of performance and resource utilisation. The Fujitsu SystemInspection Service for Storage provides a single pane of glass across heterogeneous physical and virtual storage environments, both on premises and in the cloud.
The new SystemInspection Services complement existing set of DataInspection and SystemInspection services, widening the array of tools available to Fujitsu customers to identify straightforward ways of achieving better performance and reducing cost – through eliminating performance bottlenecks and improving system utilisation. Recommendations for both data and hardware consolidation are based on customers’ real workloads and in line with service level agreements.
Stress-testing pinpoints transformation requirements
For enterprises with IT estates stretching from edge to core data centres to the cloud, even taking a snapshot of their system landscape is a formidable challenge. By stress-testing existing infrastructures, enterprises can identify the required upgrades and improvements required for transformation. A balanced system reduces or prioritises capital expenditure by removing bottlenecks, mitigates risk by identifying and eliminating the use of legacy systems, and strengthens data protection and audit compliance.
The new Fujitsu services also help enterprises to plan for how they will cope with the increasing flood of enterprise data. This data explosion will add new complexity to managing SAP landscapes, storage and backup systems, both on premises and/or in the cloud.
- • The FUJITSU SystemInspection Service for SAP solutions creates a comprehensive and detailed snapshot of entire SAP infrastructure environments, including insight analytics from SAP HANA® database systems.
By detecting and eliminating technical bottlenecks and anomalies involving multiple vendors and solutions, this service identifies ways to optimise SAP infrastructures. These can range from adaption of SAP systems to the introduction of additional infrastructure. With a focus on management and planning system capacity both on-premises and in the cloud, the tool also helps optimise total cost of ownership (TCO).
The outcome is a clear picture of current workloads and performance including recommendations how to optimise the utilisation of capital-intensive storage and SAP systems, with consolidation and/or relocation recommendations based on both real workload and defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- • The FUJITSU SystemInspection Service for Storage helps identify and eliminate information silos and data protection risks. It analyses and correlates customer data from up to 30,000 unique data points across backups, storage, hosts, hypervisors and storage networks. The service then consolidates findings through a single console, providing an homogeneous overall view of storage and backup systems. Customised dashboards encourage optimisation of resources and help reduce operational costs. The service also helps predict failures, helping mitigate the risk of missed SLAs, and aligns SLAs with business goals. The analysis report enables a streamlined chargeback reporting process across hybrid IT landscapes, eliminating hours of manual research, reducing storage consumption and consolidating tools. Customers get actionable conclusions to streamline audit and compliance needs, reduce data protection complexity and mitigate policy conflicts and human error.
Marcus Schneider, Head of Product Management Data Centre Product Sales Europe at Fujitsu at Fujitsu says: “Hybrid IT environments drive up costs and complexity by forcing customers to manage separate point tools from different vendors. With Fujitsu’s two new services for hybrid IT landscapes, we can provide with a total picture of IT environments – even complex set-ups that span network edge, core and the cloud. Fujitsu’s unique hardware-agonostic ability to analyse entire SAP landscapes and provide corrective end-to-end data centre solutions, provides customers with technology roadmaps that can uniquely be implemented to each SAP landscape’s architecture.”
Fujitsu SystemInspection Services are part of wider hybrid IT offerings
that provide customers with a clear strategy to orchestrate a mix of on-premises, public and private cloud infrastructure, with workloads distributed across edge, core and cloud.
Pricing and availability
Both services are available in Europe, offered by Fujitsu direct sales. Assessment packages are available at fixed prices. Customised packages are priced depending on customer infrastructure.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 130,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 3.9 trillion yen (US$35 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2020. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu UK and Ireland
Fujitsu UK & Ireland employs over 9,000 people. We promote a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. We are committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. Our customers cover both the public and private sectors, including retail, financial services, transport, manufacturing, government and defence. For more information please see http://uk.fujitsu.com
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 21 July, 2020