NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Centrica enhances digital services for employees by extending its relationship with Fujitsu by three years
- The agreement will see Centrica and Fujitsu working together until 2024
- The agreement will enable Centrica employees to work and collaborate across devices and locations on a global scale
- The increase in digital service channels will enable employees to spend more time focusing on the needs of customers
The contract extension, which will see Centrica continue its relationship with Fujitsu until 2024, will benefit Centrica employees by:
- Providing absolute stability in the End User space by embracing Windows 10, Azure, Office 365 and Fujitsu’s digital hybrid offering – on-premise and Cloud. All this will allow Centrica’s employees to collaborate and be more productive on a global scale
- Improving the end user experience through the implementation of a new digital collaboration platform – which enables Skype meetings and document co-authoring – making the company more agile and productive
- Putting in place new predictability functions to foresee when resources will be needed at the Service desk, helping to improve time management and efficient working, as well as improving customer service
Darren Miles, VP Global Infrastructure & Operations, Centrica said, “As we enter into a world that increasingly demands flexibility and convenience, having a single working location is no longer a viable option for what employees now expect from an organisation. That’s why our continued partnership with Fujitsu means we will be able to deliver an employee experience that enables our people to work as productively and collaboratively as possible.”
In early 2019, Fujitsu completed a move of over 40,000 Centrica employees and users (including third parties) to Windows 10 and Office 365. As part of this, all users were moved to one unified service desk in an effort to increase real-time collaboration among employees, and ensure all employees have access to the same level of tools and services. The result is that for the first time ever, all employees across the organisation are now working in the same way and are able to collaborate more easily with one another, regardless of where they are in the world.
Steve Anderson, Global Client Executive, Centrica at Fujitsu said, “In today’s working environment, if employees are really going to succeed, businesses need to ensure they are on the front foot when it comes to the fast-moving pace of technology, which includes implementing technology which will help employees to work in the best way possible. That’s why we are thrilled to continue our work with Centrica, by ensuring that everyone within the organisation – whether they are at home, in the office or in the field –receives the same up to date experience.”
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 132,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.0 trillion yen (US $36 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2019. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu UK and Ireland
Fujitsu UK & Ireland employs over 9,000 people. We promote a Human Centric Intelligent Society, in which innovation is driven by the integration of people, information and infrastructure. We are committed to Digital Co-creation, blending business expertise with digital technology and creating new value with ecosystem partners and customers. We enable our customers to digitally transform with connected technology services, focused on Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, and Cloud - all underpinned by Security. Our customers cover both the public and private sectors, including retail, financial services, transport, manufacturing, government and defence. For more information please see http://uk.fujitsu.com
Date: 20 November, 2019