Fujitsu Unveils New Production Scanner Incorporating Enhanced Tools for New Levels of Efficiency, Productivity and Reliability
Fujitsu fi-5950 breaks new ground in scanning performance with ultra-fast scanning speeds and labor-saving "intelligent" functions
Fujitsu Asia Pte Ltd.
Singapore, October 18, 2010
Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners and services, today announced the availability of its newest production scanner – the fi-5950. Equipped with new "intelligent" functions that significantly reduce user workload throughout the entire scanning process, from pre-scanning to post scanning, the fi-5950 provides a truly unique scanning experience in terms of efficiency, reliability and ease of use.
The Fujitsu fi-5950 retains all of the high-end features and functionalities of its predecessor, the fi-5900C, while offering additional time-saving tools to increase scanning automation. This is a critical component to improving scanning efficiency in the front and back-office for enterprise and mid-sized companies.
The enhanced features of the new Fujitsu fi-5950 include:
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF): iMFF allows for instant detection of a multi-feed or multilayer document, such as taped-on receipts or sticky notes added to a document. This advanced control of the triple independent ultrasonic double feed detection sensors allows operators to easily select from one of three available modes to memorise patterns or simply allow for the bypass of the randomly stuck on items.
- Retain Image Function: This function displays multifeed scans on the computer screen, and gives the user the option to either save or delete the multifeed image data. This makes reloading and rescanning documents with attached photos and memos unnecessary, bringing added convenience and smooth scanner operation to the user.
- Virtual ReScan (VRS) Software and Hardware Equipped: The fi-5950 comes loaded with full licence version of Kofax VRS 4.5 Professional software, the industry standard in image processing technology, coupled with Enhanced Bar Code (EBC) recognition. The scanner is also equipped with the Kofax VRS Color Graphics Adapter (CGA) board, providing users with excellent image processing functionality and performance. VRS automatic and intelligent processing helps to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Improved Start-Up Times: The Power-on time of the fi-5950 has been reduced significantly to roughly 15 seconds. Additionally, scan start time (the time from batch start on the PC to the start of actual scanning of the first page) takes less than 5 seconds. These improved start-up times make it ideal when small batches of documents need to be scanned at frequent intervals throughout the day, while also keeping demands on energy as low as possible.
- Ultra-Fast Scanning Speed with High Quality Image Processing: The fi-5950 delivers incredible scanning speeds of 135ppm/270ipm at 200 or 300 dpi (landscape orientation in color, grayscale or monochrome) and features a high quality Charge Coupled Device (CCD) camera and image processing technologies giving the production scanner a high-volume throughput of approximately 100,000 sheets per day (operating at full capacity for 24 hours).
“Fi-5950 is the perfect choice for customers who need a heavy duty scanner that provides fast speed, high efficiency and reliability in production scanning. With time-saving features, we believe the fi-5950, with its new feature-rich capabilities will be a suitable choice for customers across various industries,” said Janet Tan, Regional Director of Fujitsu Imaging Products.
More Fujitsu fi-5950 Features
The Fujitsu fi-5950 comes with additional feature enhancing software, including Kofax® VRS 4.5 Professional, ScandAll PRO 1.8, Adobe® Acrobat® 9.0 Standard and TWAIN and ISIS™ drivers providing a complete in box suite of software tools that make scanning simple and easy. Other key features include:
- USB 2.0, ultra wide SCSI interface and third party slot for a wide range of interoperability.
- Industry leading image enhancement: Automatic paper size and color detection, and blank-page deletion for decreased document preparation and increased automation.
- User selectable RGB color dropout to expose only relevant document information.
- Optional pre and post scan imprinters to assist with adherence to compliance and regulations.
- 500 page input tray and active stacking to keep documents neat and orderly in the output tray.
- ENERGY STAR®, and RoHS compliant.
Pricing & Availability
The new fi-5950 is priced at US$24,995 in Singapore and is available for the Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and India markets. Visit http://sg.fujitsu.com/scanner or contact Fujitsu Asia at 6512-7555 for more details.
The Fujitsu Service Advantage
Fi-5950 comes standard with a 1-year on-site limited warranty. For more information about Fujitsu services, contact Fujitsu Asia at +65 6512-7555 or visit http://sg.fujitsu.com/scanner.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010.
For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Asia
Fujitsu Asia was established in Singapore in 1997 to provide leadership in business development, technology innovation and customer support as regional headquarters for the Fujitsu group of companies in ASEAN. Building on Fujitsu’s three decades of experience in the ASEAN region and with a pool of highly skilled engineering talent, Fujitsu Asia is dedicated to providing comprehensive integrated IT-based business solutions that deliver tangible business value and enable customers to meet the challenges of the new global economy. Fujitsu Asia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702), a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace.
For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/sg/
Phone: +(65) 6512 7184
Company: Fujitsu Asia Pte Ltd
Head of Marketing
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 18 October, 2010
Fujitsu Asia Pte Ltd