Download Full Case Study PDF
Construction Industry Training Board
Transforming content management with Microsoft
CITB was established in 1964 to build and encourage a safe, professional and fully qualified workforce. Further training centres were subsequently opened in Glasgow, Birmingham and London. The support and funding CITB provides helps companies to improve skills, increase their competitiveness and respond to challenges such as the low carbon agenda.
CITB’s outdated content management platform was costly, inefficient and reaching end of life. CITB sought to replace it with a more flexible and better organised, cloud-based environment that would enable mobile working and encourage collaboration. Related Scanning and API services also needed replacing, as they too had become costly to support
Working as CITB’s strategic partner, Fujitsu configured its strategic platform in Office 365 and SharePoint, before migrating 4TB of data. Fujitsu also delivered replacement cloud services for both the scanning solution (CSPro) and legacy API replacement using Azure. This enables 1,000 office and mobile colleagues to access digital services.
- Flexible working for employees improves efficiency and reduces costs
- Utilises multi-factor authentication to provide extra peace of mind
- Easier collaboration and intuitive design increases knowledge sharing and productivity
- Azure scalability allows APIs to dynamically “flex” to seasonal demand
- Scanning automated metadata capture enables comprehensive classification