A redundant, highly available and reliable storage cluster at Tauern Medical Center
More than 900 employees of the Tauern Medical Center’s two locations in Zell am See and Mittersill provide health care services to local residents and tourists in the Pinzgau region. The two facilities merged to form the Tauern Medical Center in 2016. The hospital in Zell am See has a history that goes all the way back to 1895.
The Tauern Medical Center was looking for a storage concept for its locations in Zell am See and Mittersill, Austria, one that would meet high availability and reliability requirements and yet be easy to administer.
Together with its SELECT Expert system partner ACP IT Solutions, Fujitsu implemented a redun¬dant, highly available and reliable storage cluster with components from the FUJITSU ETERNUS DX storage hardware family. These components can be administered easily and uniformly, thanks to the family concept.
- High availability and reliability, thanks to the redundant storage cluster
- 99.9999-percent system availability
- Top placement in the SPC-1 benchmark test, with extremely short response times and high performance
- Optimum use of memory, thanks to automated storage tiering (AST)
- Easy administration, thanks to the family concept