NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Posted: March 4, 2009 JST
ATLAS Emergency Patch TK00199 (for Acrobat 8.1.3)
This patch is distributed as a correction to prevent a serious problem.
Products and Version
This patch is for the following products (including upgrade kits).
- ATLAS Translation Double Pack V13.0L10 U001 --- *1
- ATLAS Super Pack V13.0L10 U001 --- *1
- ATLAS Translation Standard V14.0 L10
- ATLAS Super Pack V14.0 L10
*1 --- "U001" means that ATLAS V13.0 Update Pack U001 has been applied to ATLAS. You can confirm it with the version information of ATLAS V13.
ATLAS V13 U001 and ATLAS V14 cannot handle PDF files using Translation Editor, File Translation, Quick File Translation under Acrobat 8.1.3. The details are as follows.
Note: In the case of Acrobat 8.1.2 or lower version, these problems do not occur.
- Translation Editor
- Translation Editor cannot open PDF files.
- When one or more PDF files are already open in Acrobat, Translation Editor opens a previously opened PDF instead of the file specified.
- [Reflect translated sentence in PDF...] or [Display reflected document] in Translation Editor fails when there are no PDF files already open in Acrobat.
- When one or more PDF files are already open in Acrobat, [Reflect translated sentence in PDF...] or [Display reflected document] in Translation Editor writes translation sentences to a previously opened PDF instead of the file specified.
- File Translation / Quick File Translation (Functions for only Japanese version.)
- File Translation or Quick File Translation of PDF files fails.
- When one or more PDF files are already open in Acrobat, File Translation or Quick File Translation translates a previously opened PDF instead of the file specified.
Notes on Applying the Patch
- In the case of ATLAS V13, please apply ATLAS V13.0 Update Pack U001 before you apply this patch to ATLAS.
- Apply the patch with an account that has Administrator privileges.
- If ATLAS or Acrobat is running, please quit all these application before applying the patch.
- Applying this patch is recommended, even if you use Acrobat 8.1.2 or lower version.
- Apply all the corrective files included in the patch. (Please do not apply the patch deficiently.）
- Apply the patch again after reinstallation, modification, or recovery of ATLAS.
- Do not apply the patch in a system in which system-specific patches have been applied.
- If you do apply the patch in such a case, confirm in advance that the files in the patch and the system-specific updates are compatibe.
How to Use the Patch
- Downloading the Patch
- Create a new folder on your hard disk. You may change the folder name if you wish. In the following description the folder will be called "new folder".
- When you click the button below, a dialog will appear asking whether to save the file. Select "save" and select "new folder" as the destination folder.
ATLAS Emergency Patch TK00199 [TK00199.exe] (File size: 4,204,024Bytes)
- Unzipping the Patch
- Open the "new folder" where you saved the downloaded file.
- Double-click the file.
- The file will begin to unzip into "new folder".
- The following files should appear after unzipping.
README.TXT…Cautionary notes for applying the patch, and description of the product (Japanese)
README_EN.TXT…Cautionary notes for applying the patch, and description of the product (English)
ATLPT00199.EXE…Correction Patch Module
- Applying the Patch
- Execute the correction module "ATLPT00199.EXE".
[For Windows Vista]:
If the [User Account Control] dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click [Continue].
- Select the display language of the installation screen ([設定言語の選択] or [Choose Setup Language]) and click the [OK] button.
- English : "英語" or "English"
- Japanese : "日本語" or "Japanese"
- Following the instructions in the installer, click [Next] and [Install].
- On the [InstallShield Wizard Complete] dialog, click the [Finish] button.
- After applying the patch, "TK00199" becomes included in the version information of ATLAS.
- Apply the patch again after a major version upgrade of Acrobat (an upgrade that changes the value "N" in "Acrobat N.x.x").
- After applying the patch, you may delete the downloaded file and extracted files from the downloaded file. However, README_EN.TXT contains information about the patch. View the contents before deleting.