GEV deploys ETERNUS CS200C Powered by Commvault, gaining a fully integrated data protection appliance
"The Fujitsu solution was the one we believed would present the least implementation problems because it is highly integrated and comes from a single source. Our expectations were confirmed."
Tobias Berens, Head of IT, Grundeigentümer-Versicherung VVaG
Grundeigentümer-Versicherung (GEV), Versicherungsverein auf Gegenseitigkeit (VVaG), was founded in Hamburg in 1891 and offers property-related insurance cover. As a mutual insurance company (“Versicherungsverein auf Gegenseitigkeit”, or VVaG), it does not simply have customers, but – according to its charter – members whose elected representatives sit on the general assembly, the company’s highest supervisory body. The corporate policy of a mutual insurance company also differs from other legal forms: unlike a German public company (“AG”), which must pay out dividends to its shareholders depending on the annual result, GEV’s earnings are used solely to ensure long-term price stability and to boost its economic potential. Grundeigentümer-Versicherung VVaG combines hanseatic tradition with modern innovative prowess. Its customers benefit from more than 120 years of expertise and experience, reflected in the quality of its products and services. Its insurance concepts revolve around life, residence and construction. The company is headquartered in Hamburg.
Implement a system to store and recover data.
After performing an extensive evaluation of the systems available on the market, Grundeigentümer-Versicherung opted for the ETERNUS CS200c backup appliance from Fujitsu. This was mainly due to the high degree of integration in the system, which combines hardware and software.
- Simple and quick installation and configuration
- No need to procure separate software and licenses
- High performance across the entire IT infrastructure due to optimal collaboration between the storage solution and the ERP system’s Fujitsu server environment
- Lower administrative outlay due to standardized solution
- Lower training outlay
- Less overtime among IT staff
- Less space required in the data center
- Homogenization of company IT, one contact for the most important infrastructure
- Solution can be expanded, offering flexibility
Read the full Grundeigentümer-Versicherung VVaG case study (572 KB/A4, 2 pages)
Jaga seda lehte