Fujitsu introduces ScanSnap iX1500 with intuitive one-button scanning
- Fujitsu has launched a new personal document scanner, the ScanScap iX1500.
- Designed to offer businesses, home users and small teams a smarter way to work, this new model is now available in Australia and New Zealand.
- New model offers faster and easier scanning and include one touch technology and an all-new application combining ScanSnap software into one.
The latest model comes with one-touch technology that enables users to carry out pre-programmed scans with the touch of a button. Its features and design achieve more intuitive usage and simple, stress-free operation for all users in both business or personal environments.
The iX1500 joins the Fujitsu ScanSnap product family, which simplifies document imaging with one-button ease of use and brings duplex multi-sheet scanning to everyone, combining performance and affordability in a compact size.
Peter Uher, General Manager Fujitsu Products for Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand said “The new ScanSnap iX1500 has evolved from a traditional scanner to a complete document management solution.The ScanSnap range has been well established in the Australia and New Zealand market and the iX1500 brings with it improvements in design, function, and software. This next-generation scanner is much easier to use, while keeping the basic concepts of ScanSnap: Simple, Speedy, and Compact. The iX1500 enables digital archiving and document management to be intuitively performed at your fingertips.”
Key Features of the New Product
- An optimised user experience that keeps evolving: The iX1500 builds upon ScanSnap’s “One Button Simplicity” and takes efficiency to a new level as it constantly evolves to satisfy user preferences with various automation functions. Performing basic tasks such as setup and Wi-Fi configuration to connecting scanned data with other applications are made easy with the 4.3 inch touch screen. Users can save information to specific destinations based on individual user preference when sharing the scanner among multiple*1 users, such as family members.
- Just one stop for all ScanSnap productivity: Users can now easily manage, edit, and utilise various types of scanned paper with the all-new ScanSnap Home*2 *3. By combining a range of ScanSnap software*4 functions into a single application, it enables users to organise documents, business cards, receipts, photos, and much more. ScanSnap Home offers execellent functionality to organise and search through data via the use of folders, tags and keywords. The iX1500 will even automatically names and suggest titles for scanned documents based on its content. Suggestion accuracy is improved the more titles are repeatedly edited, avoiding the need to spend time on repetitive corrections. Corrections made to company names attributed to scanned business cards, for instance, are reflected on successive scans with the same attributed company.
- Usability more refined for every user: The iX1500’s adaptable and aethetic design allows it to blend into any space. The design enables smooth and fast scanning crucial for comfortable operation.
- Scans 30 sheets/minute in color-duplex mode
- Boots within seconds of opening the cover with Fast Startup
- Easily scans business cards and long receipts that tend to curl, with the Receipt Guide
- Scans unconventional documents*5 with Manual Scan
- Cleans streaked images without the need for rescanning with Streak Reduction
- Notifies users of dust that may interfere with scanning with Dust Detection
- Offers built-in Wi-Fi with Direct Connect Mode
- Supports 5 GHz Wi-Fi*6
Pricing and availability
||Suggested Retail Price (Tax excl.)
|Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500
||From AUD $849.00 / NZD $949.00
||12th Oct, 2018
Glossary and Notes
1.ScanSnap iX1500 comes with 4 ScanSnap Home user licenses and 1 Nuance user license. Additional ScanSnap Home licenses are available for purchase.
2.ScanSnap Home will be available on 12th October. Please refer to ScanSnap Software Download page (http://scansnap.fujitsu.com/global/dl/).
3.Users can import data from existing ScanSnap software to ScanSnap Home with the iX500, iX100, S1300i, S1100i and SV600.
4.ScanSnap Manager, ScanSnap Organizer, ScanSnap CardMinder, ScanSnap Receipt, ScanSnap Connect Application.
5.Envelopes, plastic cards, folded A3 documents, and documents with sticky notes.
6.Availability may vary depending on region. 5 GHz Wi-Fi is not available with Direct Connect Mode.
Product descriptions or information recapped from previous release or other sources, to add context
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. We partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. From strategic consulting to application and infrastructure solutions and services, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. Fujitsu Australia Limited and Fujitsu New Zealand Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702). See www.fujitsu.com/au.
Marketing Programs and Communications Manager
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 2 9113 9346
Mobile: +61 409 953 349
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 12 October, 2018