NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Windows Server 2012 R2
Within today’s fast changing IT world, Windows Server 2012 R2 is designed to provide customers an “all-in-one” server and datacenter platform to optimize and manage daily business easier and more cost-effective.
In comparison to its predecessor Windows Server 2012 the new Server operating system delivers many enhancements:
- A proven, enterprise-class datacenter and cloud platform that can scale up to run the largest workloads while enabling robust recovery options to protect against service outages.
- Automated protection and recovery of assets and cost-effective business continuity on-premises and in the cloud
- Resilient, multi-tenant-aware storage and networking capabilities for a wide range of workloads. It delivers these capabilities at a fraction of the cost of other solutions, through the use of cost-effective FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY hardware.
- Enables mission-critical applications and provides enhanced support for open standards, open source applications and various development languages.
- Provides an operating system platform that empowers the user by granting them access to corporate resources on the devices they choose while protecting critical information
Microsoft made a free update for existing and new installations of Windows Server 2012 R2 broadly available through Windows Update directly to end-user customers since Tuesday April 8, 2014.
Important notice to customers: All future security and nonsecurity updates for Windows Server 2012 R2 require this update to be installed. We recommend that all customers install this update on their Windows Server 2012 R2-based FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY systems in order to receive continued future updates.
For more information please contact us.
* Windows Server Essentials experience and value-add features available as a role for Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and Standard edition.
|Highly virtualized datacenter and cloud environments
|Physical computing or lightly virtualized environments
|First server environments
|Cost effective, reliable storage solution
- Reduce downtime and costs in the case of file system failure
- Hyper-V Replica enables business continuity and disaster recovery
- Easy administration thanks to integrated Server Manager
- Remote Web Access - access applications and data from virtually anywhere
- Scale out and Scale up file server
- No CALs required
- Support for an unlimited amount of users (may be only limited by particular hardware implementation)
Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation for entry level customers is also part of the new Windows Server operating system.
Fujitsu offers Windows Server 2012 R2, as OEM software directly to customers together with a new Fujitsu PRIMERGY server purchase, or through its distribution, partners, and resellers as OEM ROK products (Reseller Option Kit).
- User and devices have to be licensed separately – they are not included anymore
- All types of Client Access Licenses are available in different packages. Please get in touch with your FUJITSU contact