How it works
Intuitive scanning at your fingertips
The ScanSnap iX1500 is the flagship model of the ScanSnap Series, capable of digitizing large volumes of papers quickly. It simplifies the scanning process for a variety of documents, making it easy to digitalize your life. You can be more efficient and productive, focusing on the things that matter the most.
What it does is complex, how you use it is simple. Its wireless connectivity, an intuitive touch screen and advanced software, "ScanSnap Home", enable you to do anything from scanning papers, converting them into fully editable files, to utilizing data in your commonly used applications. With its various automation functions, it intelligently adapts to your preferences and continues to evolve around your needs, enabling you to work in a smarter way.
- Touch screen for various tasks
- Perfect fit for both personal and sharing use
- Refined design
- Speedy 30 ppm colour scanning
- 50 sheets Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Smooth scanning of any document with Manual Scan and the Receipt Guide
- Dust Detection and Streak Reduction for clean images
- Scan wirelessly to PC, Mac, iOS or Android mobile devices
- Best experiences with ScanSnap Home
- With a Wi-Fi connection, you can scan straight from the ScanSnap to the cloud without your PC, Mac, iOS or Android device
An optimized user experience that keeps evolving
The ScanSnap iX1500 builds upon ScanSnap’s “One Button Simplicity”, taking efficiency to a new level.
Even more intuitive usage achieved by simple operation
You can complete processes from scanning to data utilization with just “one touch” of the 4.3 inch touch screen. Basic tasks such as setup and Wi-Fi configuration, checking scanning statuses and choosing save-to destinations are easy even for first-time users with the touch screen's easily understandable icon simplicity. Up to 30 pre-configured profiles can be made, optimizing scan workflow.
Profile icon examples
- Share documents
- Attach with email
- Manage business trip expenses
- Create photo album
Share your ScanSnap for everyone to use
A single unit can be shared with company colleagues and family members with software licenses* for multiple accounts. Since different icon colours can be selected for each user, users can easily tell their profile icons apart from those of other users.
* It comes with multiple software licenses: 4 for ScanSnap Home, 4 for ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™ and 1 for Nuance (Win/Mac). Additional licenses may be purchased for ScanSnap Home.
Usability more refined for every user
Designed for ultimate ease of use, the iX1500 transforms all the paper surrounding you with valuable information and adds more productivity to your lifestyle.
Refined and aesthetic form
The scanner's adaptable and aesthetic design enables it to blend into any space, so it can stay where it is used the most, your office, living room or study room.
Create files quickly
Simply open the document chute and ScanSnap is ready to go. Scan single and double sided documents with ease at a speedy 30 sheets per minute*1. When choosing "Fast" startup*2, you can start scanning even faster.
*1 Image quality: Best mode (colour/greyscale at 300 dpi; B&W at 600 dpi).
*2 Power consumption increases with "Fast" startup.
Scan any document
Scan documents larger than the typical A4 size that need to be folded in half, envelopes and much more with Manual Scan Mode. Documents that are typically difficult to scan in Normal Scan Mode can now be captured without any issues.
Effortlessly scan small documents with the Receipt Guide. No need to be concerned about fixing receipts and business cards that tend to curl or skew. Designed to be a comfortable fit even when the cover is closed, it dramatically reduces the handling of documents before hitting the scan button.
Versatile paper handling
With professional grade feeding technology and ultrasonic sensors, the iX1500 handles multi-page documents with ease, and can additionally detect and alert you of multi-feeding errors.
Have images clean all the time
Receive notifications on the touch screen whenever Dust Detection spots dust that may result in streaked images. Maintenance notification beforehand enables you to reduce the hassle of time-consuming rescans.
Even if streaks happen to appear on scanned images, Streak Reduction function removes them to produce clean images.
Scan anywhere you want whenever you want
Connect the iX1500 to your computer or smart device (both iOS and Android)*1 in your office and at home, using existing Wi-Fi environments with Access Point Connect Mode*2. Connecting is also possible in environments without Wi-Fi using Direct Connect Mode, as the scanner itself functions as an access point.
- *1 When using smart devices, ScanSnap Connect Application is required.
- *2 Access Point Connect Mode requires a Wi-Fi access point or router.
Best experience with ScanSnap Home
ScanSnap Home combines all your favorite functions into one and is the ultimate platform to utilize scanned data in various ways. Easily manage, edit and utilize data from documents, business cards, receipts and photos with the software. You can scan large volumes of various types of documents from colour photos to double-sided landscape documents with a host of intelligent automatic image processing functions.
With a Wi-Fi connection, you can scan straight from the ScanSnap to the cloud without your PC, Mac, iOS or Android device
ScanSnap Cloud delivers scanned data directly from your ScanSnap iX1500 to your favorite cloud services without a computer or mobile device. The software automatically classifies your file type by documents, receipts, business cards and photos, and sends it to the appropriate cloud based on your pre-set profiles.
You simply need to select a profile that is set to connect to ScanSnap Cloud and press the Scan button on the iX1500's touch screen. Your scanned data can then be managed within your selected cloud service.
* For countries where this service is available, please visit here.
|General Technical Specifications|
|Scanner Type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder)/Manual Feed, Duplex|
|Scanning Colour Modes||Colour, Greyscale, Monochrome, Automatic (Colour / Greyscale / Monochrome(4) detection)|
|Image Sensor||Colour CIS x 2 (Front x 1, Back x 1)|
|Light Source||3 colour LED (Red / Green / Blue)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
|Scanning Speed (A4 portrait)(2)
||Auto Mode (Default)(3)
||Simplex / Duplex: 30 ppm / 60 ipm|
|Normal Mode||Simplex / Duplex: 30 ppm / 60 ipm (Colour/Greyscale: 150 dpi, Monochrome: 300 dpi)|
|Better Mode||Simplex / Duplex: 30 ppm / 60 ipm (Colour/Greyscale: 200 dpi, Monochrome: 400 dpi)|
|Best Mode||Simplex / Duplex: 30 ppm / 60 ipm (Colour/Greyscale: 300 dpi, Monochrome: 600 dpi)|
|Excellent Mode(3)||Simplex / Duplex: 8 ppm / 16 ipm (Colour/Greyscale: 600 dpi, Monochrome: 1,200 dpi)|
|Document Size||Normal Scan||Minimum 50.8 x 50.8 mm (2 x 2 in.)
Maximum 216 x 360 mm (8.5 x 14.17 in.)
|Manual Scan||A3, B4, 279 x 432 mm (11 x 17 in.)|
|Long Paper Scanning(4)||3,000 mm (863 mm in 32-bit)
Smart Device: 863 mm (Duplex), 1,726 mm (Simplex)
|Paper Weight (Thickness)||40 to 209 g/m2 (11 to 56 lb)
A8 or less: 128 to 209 g/m2 (34 to 56 lb)
Cards: 0.76 mm or less (Compliant with the ISO7810 ID-1 type) (Includes embossed cards in landscape orientation)
|ADF Capacity(5)||50 sheets (A4, 80 g/m2 or 20 lb)|
|Multifeed||Overlap detection (Ultrasonic sensor), Length detection|
|Interface||USB||USB3.1 Gen1 / USB3.0 / USB2.0 / USB1.1 (Connector Type: Type-B)(6)|
Frequency band: 2.4 GHz
|Wi-Fi Interface||Connection Mode||Access Point Connect Mode (Infrastructure mode)(8)
>Direct Connect Mode (Ad-hoc mode)(9)
|Security||WEP (64bit / 128bit), WPA (TKIP / AES), WPA2 (AES), WPA-PSK (TLIP / AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)|
|LCD||4.3 in. colour TFT touch screen|
|Power Requirement||AC 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||Operating Mode||17W or less|
|Sleep Mode||USB connected: 1.5 W or less
Wi-Fi connected: 1.6 W or less
|Operating Environment||Temperature||5 to 35 °C (41 to 95 °F)|
|Relative Humidity||20 to 80% (Non-condensing)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)(10)||292 x 161 x 152 mm (11.5 x 6.3 x 6.0 in.)|
|Device Weight||3.4 kg (7.50 lb)|
|Driver||ScanSnap Home (ScanSnap specific driver)
|Environmental Compliance||ENERGY STAR®/RoHS|
|Package Contents||ScanSnap iX1500|
|1x License Certificate + Download instructions (Nuance)|
|1x AC Adapter|
|2x Power Cords (1x EU / 1x UK)|
|1x USB Cable (USB3.0 Connector Type B|
|1x Receipt Guide|
|1x Welcome Guide>|
- Available only when connecting to a computer.
- Scanning speeds may vary due to the system environment used.
- Scans will be made in "Best mode" if shorter sides are less than 105 mm and in "Better mode" if not.
- Available in all modes except for "Excellent mode".
- Maximum capacity varies depending upon paper weight.
- Some computers do not recognize the ScanSnap when it is connected to a USB 3.0 port. In this case, please use a USB 2.0 port.
- Access Point Connect Mode requires a Wi-Fi access point or router.
- Excluding the stacker and other external attachments.
PC System Requirements
|Compatible Operating Systems|
(32-bit / 64-bit)(1)
(32-bit / 64-bit)
(32-bit / 64-bit)
|ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Nuance® Power PDF Standard(5)||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Hardware Requirements(6)||CPU(6)||Minimum: Intel® Celeron 1.8 GHz (2 core) or higher
Recommended: Intel® Core™ i5 2.5 GHz or higher)
|Installed RAM||Minimum: 2 GB or more
Recommended: 4 GB or more
|USB Port||Minimum: USB 1.1
Recommended: USB 3.1, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0
|Display Resolution||1,024 × 768 pixels or more|
|Storage Space||3.8GB or more available storage space|
- Only Operating Systems listed in PC System Requirements are supported. Please refer to the ScanSnap Support site for the latest support information.
- Installation requires a PC or Mac and an Internet connection is necessary to activate the software. Please visit the ScanSnap Support site for download information.
- .NET Framework 4.7 or later must be installed. If it is not installed, it is installed with ScanSnap Home. Up to 4.5 GB of disk space is required for the installation.
- For download information, please refer to the License Certificate included with the product.
- The ScanSnap and ScanSnap Home software may not function correctly or may scan at a reduced speed if the PC does not meet the specifications listed in PC System Requirements.
*PC System Requirements are correct at time of publishing but may be subject to future revision due to changes in support policy by PFU, ABBYY, Nuance and Microsoft.
Mac System Requirements
|Compatible Operating Systems||macOS Mojave 10.14||macOS High Sierra 10.13||macOS Sierra 10.12(1)|
|Software(2)||ScanSnap Home 1.0(3)||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™(4)||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Nuance® PDF Converter for Mac®(5)||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Hardware Requirements(6)||CPU(6)||Minimum: Intel® Core i5 1.4 GHz or higher
Recommended: Intel® Core™ i5 2.5 GHz or higher
|Installed RAM||Minimum: 2 GB or more
Recommended: 8 GB or more
|Storage Space||At least 2 GB of available storage space|
|Display Resolution||Minimum: 1024 x 768 pixels or higher|
- macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later is required.
- Only Operating Systems listed in Mac System Requirements are supported. Please refer to the ScanSnap Support site for the latest support information.
- Installation requires a Mac or PC and an Internet connection is necessary to activate the software. Please visit the ScanSnap Support site for download information.
- Please visit the ScanSnap Support site for download information.
- To download the software, please refer to the License Certificate included with the product.
- The ScanSnap and ScanSnap Home software may not function correctly or may scan at a reduced speed if the Mac does not meet the specifications listed in Mac System Requirements.
*Mac System Requirements are correct at time of publishing but may be subject to future revision due to changes in support policy by PFU, ABBYY, Nuance and Apple.
iOS, Android™ & Kindle Fire System Requirements
Please refer to ScanSnap Connect Application specifications page.
F1 Scanner Cleaning Wipes (24 Pack)
Pack of 24 F1 Cleaning Wipes for Fujitsu scanners.
Scanner Cleaning wipes Impregnated with manufacturer approved F1 cleaning fluid. Suitable to clean glass, plastics, rubbers and metals in Fujitsu Document scanners.
Consumable Kit: 3656-200K
Includes 1x Pick Roller and 1x Brake Roller.
Estimated Life: Up to 200K scans.
Carrier Sheets (5 Pack)
Transparent sleeves for scanning A3, small or damaged documents.
Enables damaged documents and receipts to be scanned as well as A3 with image stitching function.
Photo Carrier Sheets (3 Pack)
Transparent sleeves for scanning photographs and postcards.
Provides better protection for photographs and postcards when scanning them.
ScanSnap Home (1 User License)
Enables 1 additional user to use the ScanSnap.
1 license required for each additional user beyond the 4 user licenses included with the product. Windows/macOS users.
ScanSnap Type 5 Carry Bag
Protects the scanner from dust and scratches.
For iX500, iX1500.
1 Year Standard Warranty
Advance Exchange - Next Business Day*.
Included in the price of a new scanner product.
Valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
3 Year Extended Warranty
Advance Exchange - Next Business Day*.
Extends the 1 Year Standard Warranty to 3 Years.
Includes replacement of defective product and two-way shipping costs.
* Next Business Day available in some countries, geographic limitations may apply. Where Next Business Day is not available, exchanges typically take place typically within 1-2 days.