World’s Smallest Duplex ADF Scanner Provides Best-in-Class Performance for Mac® Users
Fujitsu Australia Limited
Fujitsu today announced the Australia and New Zealand release of the latest addition to the ScanSnap family – the S300M mobile scanning solution for Mac® users.
General Manager – Fujitsu Product Group, Tom Langley said at nearly half the size of other ScanSnap scanners, the S300M was the world’s smallest duplex ADF (automatic document feeder) scanner.* (*Statement accurate for A4 ADF scanners as of October 2007)
“The S300M is a welcome addition to the ScanSnap range, providing ‘anytime, anywhere’ scanning inside or outside the home or office,” Mr Langley said.
“Whether it’s digitising receipts in preparation for tax time or capturing mission critical documents for a business trip, this new mobile solution takes document scanning to a whole new level.”
The ScanSnap S300M supports Mac OS® X Leopard™ and offers the fastest ‘one-touch’ conversion of paper documents into PDF (portable document format) files available in the mobile scanning industry.
The ScanSnap S300M is:
- Holding up to 10 documents in its ADF, the S300M scans up to eight double-sided pages per minute with one press of the ‘SCAN’ button.
- Great scanning results ensured thanks to a host of automatic image correction features, including automatic document size recognition, skew detection and correction.
- Images properly oriented with blank pages removed.
- Able to scan paper of different sizes in a stack - even legal length documents - at the touch of a button.
- Bundled with powerful scanning software including ScanSnap Manager for easy setting adjustments, ScanSnap Quick Menu for document control and Cardiris™, to quickly scan and store business cards into the Mac. Information taken from the card can be edited and then exported to Address Book, Entourage, AppleWorks, vCard, and other applications. With QuickMenu, users can scan directly to email (Apple Email/Entourage), Mac preview, iPhoto, or Folder. They can also scan directly to a .Mac account, so users are able to safely store scanned files off of their hard drives, and access them from anywhere they have an internet connection.
Smart and green:
- The Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M mobile scanning solution’s innovative features help users go paperless, store valuable paper documents, or simply get rid of clutter.
- Can be powered through the Mac’s USB port* when an AC power source is not available. When powered by USB only, the S300M uses two Mac USB ports; one for power and the other for transferring data. S300M comes with all required Mini-B type USB cables and an AC adaptor.
- Extremely compact footprint for easy storage and travel, measuring just 284 x 95 x 77 mm (11.18 x 3.74 x 3.03 inches) and weighing 1.4kg (less than 3.1 pounds)
“The Apple community has warmly received the Fujitsu ScanSnap concept over the course of the last two years,” Mr Langley said.
“Fujitsu is proud to further expand our commitment to this market with this latest offering.”
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S300M (RRP AUD 415 / NZD 480 ex GST) is available immediately through Fujitsu.
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. Throughout Australia and New Zealand we partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. From strategic consulting to application and infrastructure solutions and services, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. Fujitsu Australia Limited and Fujitsu New Zealand Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702).
For more information, please see: au.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 160,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 5.3 trillion yen (US$53 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008.
For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
Date: 10 April, 2008
Company: Fujitsu Australia Limited