Fujitsu challenges traditional thinking with latest 'one button' scanner for Macs
Fujitsu Australia Limited
Fujitsu’s newest ‘one button’ scanning solution purpose-designed for the Apple Macintosh platform – the ScanSnap S510M – is now available in Australia and New Zealand.
General Manager – Fujitsu Product Group, Tom Langley said the S510M is the first ScanSnap model within the Mac environment to create searchable PDF files from paper documents at the touch of a button.
“In keeping with Fujitsu’s commitment to providing green IT solutions, the S510M makes ScanSnap-captured paper document information instantly electronically retrievable,” Mr Langley said.
“Fujitsu’s design approach gives consideration to our own green policy and to Australia and New Zealand’s environmentally-conscious business communities,” Mr Langley said.
“We’re concentrating our know-how and resources on reducing the environmental burden of IT infrastructure. The ScanSnap S510M fits the smart, green office bill.”
The compact-size colour duplex scanner comes with a full Adobe® Acrobat® 8.0 Professional (Mac version) license, and brings Fujitsu’s renowned, production document scanning technology and features to the desktop environment.
The ScanSnap S510M is:
- Scanning speeds of up to 18 pages per minute in both black and white and colour. In duplex mode, the scanning speed increases to 36 images per minute, with a scanning resolution range from 150 dpi to 1,200 dpi, and optical resolution of 600 dpi;
Easy to use
- One button’ approach allows uninterrupted, unattended scanning of day-to-day business correspondence, business cards or multi-colour brochures and documents up to A4 in size
- 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) can be topped up while the scanner is in operation
Smart and green – optimised paper and desktop management:
- Automatic conversion of scanned data into searchable PDF files that support information retrieval through Mac OS® X and Adobe® Acrobat® searches;
- Automatic de-skewing function realigns documents, which may have been scanned-in at a slight angle;
- Automatic blank page detection ensures that any scanned blank pages are automatically recognised and deleted;
- Extensive office linkage functions, for example, utilising the ScanSnap S510M for attaching scanned images to e-mail messages.
The ScanSnap S510M’s user friendly features belie its compact size. At 284mm wide x 158mm high x 157 mm deep, it is smaller than an A4 notebook computer, and will sit comfortably on any desktop making it an optimal solution for efficient and convenient day-to-day scanning.
“The Apple community has warmly received the Fujitsu ScanSnap concept over the course of the last two years,” Mr Langley said.
“Fujitsu is proud to further expand our commitment to this market with this latest offering.”
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S510M (RRP AUD715 / NZD 890 ex GST) is available immediately through Fujitsu.
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. Throughout Australia and New Zealand we partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. From strategic consulting to application and infrastructure solutions and services, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. Fujitsu Australia Limited and Fujitsu New Zealand Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702).
For more information, please see: au.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 160,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 5.3 trillion yen (US$53 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2008.
For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
Date: 26 March, 2008
Company: Fujitsu Australia Limited