Smart xHaul Transport Solutions
As service providers race to deploy 5G services, the Fujitsu Smart xHaul solution allows them to add the needed capacity and capability to their network, whether leveraging their existing 4G infrastructure or deploying full greenfield. This solution set is optimized for integrated backhaul and fronthaul (xHaul) transport, resulting in quick and efficient 3G, 4G and 5G service support using a pay-as-you-grow modular design.
Versatile Architecture for Low Latency and High Reliability
The Fujitsu Smart xHaul solution, which enables highly reliable optical transport for the most demanding xHaul needs, comprises Fujitsu services, software and disaggregated hardware, including the HFR flexiHaul platform. This solution offers MNOs and wireline carriers a low-latency, high reliability optical transport option for a high-performance, cost-cutting Centralized Radio Access Network (C-RAN) architecture. Topologies include point-to-point; self-healing ring; hub and spoke; as well as hybrids of all of these. Temperature-hardened platforms capable of operating at -40°C to +65°C are used at both macro and small cell sites.
An End-to-End Solution Offering Migration to SDN/NFV and 5G Transport
The Smart xHaul family includes co-existence with 4G and 5G services on the same platform and fiber paths. Service co-existence includes CPRI up to CPRI-8 and eCPRI, ROE, xRAN along with Ethernet up to 25Gbps. A comprehensive end-to-end solution combines other Fujitsu platforms, including the FLASHWAVE CDS and 9500 platforms, managed using the NETSMART 1500 system, or SDN/NFV using the 1FINITY S100 packet-optical blade and Virtuora platforms. This complete portfolio addresses fronthaul, midhaul, backhaul and core network requirements with a fully managed, end-to-end solution—from the small cell pole to the central core point of presence (PoP) transport.
Smart xHaul Highlights
- Leverages an existing 4G network to quickly and efficiently support transport for 5G services.
- Modular systems offer temperature-hardened plugin cards for 4G and 5G co-existence in fronthaul, midhaul and backhaul architectures.
- The smart system speeds action to correct problems by distinguishing between radio and optical impairments, and gets the right technician to the right location the first time.
- Boosts reliability with self-healing protection switching, available for active or passive configurations.
- Consumes 50% less space and 50% less fiber plant than alternative platforms.
- Zero-touch scaling aids migration from CPRI-3 to CPRI-4 to CPRI-5 and CPRI-8 while preserving the initial investment.
- GUI-based element management and Netconf/YANG ready.