Smart xHaul Solutions
Versatile Architecture for Low Latency and High Reliability
The Fujitsu Smart xHaul solution enables highly reliable optical transport for the most demanding xHaul needs. The solution comprises Fujitsu services, software and disaggregated hardware, including the HFR flexiHaul platform. This solution offers mobile network operators (MNOs) and wireline carriers a low-latency, high reliability optical transport option for a high-performance, cost-cutting Centralized Radio Access Network (C-RAN) architecture.
Topologies include point-to-point; self-healing ring; hub and spoke; as well as hybrids of all of these. Temperature-hardened platforms capable of operating at -40 °C to +65 °C are used at both macro and small cell sites. For MNOs with fiber exhaust, the DWDM-based system offers up to 40 channels transported over a single fiber core. Conversely if a minimal number of fiber pathways are available and rack space is limited, the Ethernet-based platform using time sensitive networking (TSN) can reduce footprint ootprint by up to 75%.
An End-to-End Solution for Migration to SDN/NFV and 5G Transport
The Smart xHaul family allows 4G and 5G services to coexist on the same platform and fiber paths. Service coexistence includes CPRI up to CPRI-8 for radio over Ethernet (ROE) operation and eCPRI, along with Ethernet up to 25 Gbps coexisting on the same platform and fiber facility. This comprehensive end-to-end solution can also incorporate other Fujitsu platforms, including the FLASHWAVE CDS and 9500, managed using the NETSMART 1500 system, or Fujitsu SDN/NFV platforms such as the 1FINITY S100 Switching platform and Virtuora SDN/NFV control and management software. This complete portfolio addresses fronthaul, midhaul, backhaul and core transport requirements with a fully managed, end-to-end solution—from small-cell poles to central core point of presence (PoP) transport.
Smart xHaul Highlights
- Leverages an existing 4G network to quickly and efficiently support transport for 5G services.
- Fixed and modular systems offer temperature-hardened network elements for 4G and 5G coexistence in fronthaul (with TSN options), midhaul, and backhaul architectures.
- The smart system speeds action to correct problems by distinguishing between radio and optical impairments, and gets the right technician to the right location the first time.
- Boosts reliability with self-healing protection switching, available for active or passive configurations.
- Consumes 50% less space and 50% less fiber plant than alternative platforms.
- Zero-touch provisioning (ZTP) aids migration while preserving the initial investment.
- Simplifies element management with intuitive GUI controls and Netconf/YANG-ready interfaces.
3D Product View
- 5G Lit Services for Wireline Service Providers
- Smart xHaul Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) Solution
- Smart xHaul Hybrid Active Passive Solution for Small Cell Transport
- Centralized Radio Access Network (C-RAN) Transport
- flexiHaul M6424
- flexiHaul M6424 Timing Distribution
- flexiHaul M6208E
- flexiHaul HSN8000NA Series
- flexiHaul HSN8100NA
- flexiHaul HSN8120NA
- flexiHaul HSN8130NA
- flexiHaul HSN8300NA
- flexiHaul HSN8500NA
- flexiHaul Smart Tunable Optics
- flexiHaul xWave 400G
- Self-Tuning Optics Comparison
- flexiHaul Element Management System
- Verizon Selects Fujitsu as Preferred Supplier for CPRI, eCPRI and Ethernet Multiplexing Fronthaul Technology
- Fujitsu Releases Expanded Smart xHaul Solution for 5G Transport Networks
- Fujitsu Unveils New 5G Fronthaul Transport Solution to Speed Migration to Next-Generation Networks
- Fujitsu Adds to Smart CPRI Transport Family for Evolving C-RAN Architecture
- Fujitsu Unveils Intelligent Mobile Fronthaul Solution for C-RAN Architectures
- Future Proofing the 5G Network
- mmWave for 5G fixed wireless access: Market and success factors (IHS Markit)
- Operator Strategies for 5G Transport: 2019 Heavy Reading Survey
- Transporting 5G from Vision to Reality
- New Transport Network Architectures for 5G RAN
- Mobile Transport for 5G Networks
- C-RAN Mobile Architecture Migration - Economic Benefits of Fujitsu’s Smart xHaul Solution
- Evolving to an Open C-RAN Architecture for 5G
- Virtual routers for flexible, future-proof 5G transport
- Leveraging millimeter wave for 5G
- 5G X-Haul for Network Density
- Meeting the 5G XHaul Challenge
- New Transport Network Architectures for 5G RAN
- Optical transport for the 5G era
- Is Your RAN Ready for 5G Mobility Migration?
- New Frontiers in C-RAN Fronthaul: to CPRI, or to Not CPRI?
- 1FINITY Platform
- 1FINITY L100 Series
- 1FINITY L140 Series
- 1FINITY L200
- 1FINITY S100
- 1FINITY S900
- 1FINITY T400
- 1FINITY T600
- 1FINITY T700
- 1FINITY C200
- 1FINITY CDC ROADM
- AI and Analytics
- FLASHWAVE CDS
- FLASHWAVE 4100 ES
- FLASHWAVE 4500
- FLASHWAVE 5300
- FLASHWAVE 7420
- FLASHWAVE 7500
- FLASHWAVE 9500
- FLASHWAVE 9500 DCS
- MicroApplications Practice
- NETSMART 500
- NETSMART 1200
- NETSMART 1500
- NETSMART 2000
- Smart xHaul Solutions
- Virtuora Ecosystem