The hyper-reliable network
1FINITY™ Ultra Optical System
Terabit optical networking
The 1FINITY™ Ultra Optical System incorporates the latest ROADM and transponder technologies.
With the 1FINITY™ Ultra Optical System, more is less. More wavelengths per fiber, more bits per wavelength — less effort to install, operate and maintain the network, and less power consumed per bit transported.
Extreme performance and hyper-reliability – welcome to the age of terabit optical networking.
What’s next for regional & long-haul networks?
Extreme scale and performance
- 135 GBaud transponder at 1.2 Tbps, upgradeable to 1.6 Tbps
- 2× wavelengths per fiber in half the footprint with continuous C+L band
- Increase reach or capacity up to 40% with forward Raman
- Up to 92% less cabling with innovative architecture
- Cuts ROADM installation time from days to hours
- Automation-optimized wavelength performance
- Automated fiber characterization
- 39% lower power consumption than today’s systems
- Liquid cooling for lower operating temperatures
- Reduced fan speed for 50% quieter operation
1FINITY Ultra Optical System
1FINITY Ultra Optical System uses next-generation technology employing terabit speeds, liquid cooling, continuous C+L scaling, forward Raman amplification, and AI/ML automation to simplify operations and optimize system performance.Learn more
Fireside Chat with Rod Naphan
What technologies are driving growth in the long-haul market?
Why is it the right time to invest in long-haul?
CTO Rod Naphan answers and describes how the 1FINITY Ultra Optical System evolves existing architecture to employ terabit speeds.