Download Full Case Study PDF
Building a futureproof ServiceNow environment
Centrica’s 24,000 employees, including 10,000 engineers and technicians, supply energy and services to over 25 million customers in the UK, Ireland and North America through its brands; British Gas and Bord Gáis.
Centrica’s ServiceNow platform had become complicated by years of customisation, which made management and maintenance time-consuming and expensive. Upgrades could take months and required significant development skills. The company wanted to overhaul the platform and needed to find the right partner.
Following an RFP, Centrica selected long-term strategic partner, Fujitsu, to rebuild an entirely fresh instance of ServiceNow from the ground-up, including ServiceNow ITSM tools as well as ServiceNow SecOps, ServiceNow ITOM, ServiceNow Cloud Catalogue and ServiceNow HR.
- Management and maintenance costs have reduced significantly
- Upgrades can be performed in days rather than months
- Internal processes have been streamlined for faster resolution
- Change request approvals have been reduced from 60 hours to just four
- Virtual agents drive calls and costs down
- Easier to track, report and log activity
- A platform that can grow with Centrica and support wider business transformation