FUJITSU Image Scanner fi-5950
Color Duplex High-Volume Production Scanner
The fi-5950 scans A4 landscape documents at ultra-fast speeds of 135 ppm/270 ipm* (200/300 dpi). It is capable of scanning A3 portrait sized documents and can load up to 500 sheets at a time.
- Fast, 135 ppm (simplex) / 270 ipm (duplex) scanning in monochrome, grayscale or color at 200 or 300 dpi for increased OCR accuracy (letter, landscape)
- Advanced Triple Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection with Intelligent MultiFeed Function (iMFF) and retain image feature
- ALarge 500 page automatic document feeder and active stacking to keep documents neat and orderly in the exit tray
- High speed USB 2.0 and SCSI connectivity as well as interoperability with hundreds of complementary document scanning software applications
- Scanner Central Admin Suite
- Comes with 2D Barcode for PaperStream
- Comes with PaperStream IP, PaperStream Capture and PaperStream Capture Pro as an option.
*Scanning speeds may vary due to the system environment used.
Based on the foundation that made Fujitsu an industry leader in mid-volume production scanning, the fi-5950 continues this legacy of delivering fast scanning speeds, high reliability and incorporates features that help provide the ultimate in productivity.
- Fast start-up speeds. Scanning starts nearly instantaneously
- Dramatically reduced document preparation using PaperStream IP image processing
- Intelligent MultiFeed Function (iMFF) Triple Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection with retain image feature for intentional overlapping items such as stuck-on notes or taped on receipts
- Full rated speeds scanning at higher resolutions up to 300 dpi for enhanced OCR accuracy
- Industry proven rugged design with up to 100,000 sheet daily duty cycle
- Quick scanning speeds of 135 ppm (simplex) / 270 ipm (duplex)
- Valuable bundled software including PaperStream Capture batch scanning with Scan to Microsoft SharePoint Server, QuickSan Pro (Trial) and PaperStream IP (TWAIN/ISIS)
- Dual-CCD scanning arrays for excellent image quality
- Automatic scanner calibration to maintain premium image quality and eliminate degradation
- Large 500 page automatic document input feeder with active stacker to keep documents neat and orderly in the output tray
The PaperStream IP driver takes the work out of image cleanup when scanning invoices, ID cards, receipts, forms, or any other day to day paperwork. PaperStream IP automatically improves the image quality, removes unwanted backgrounds, and optimizes your scanned images for optical character recognition. It is fast and easy to use. Our latest innovation, Assisted Scan, allows users to replace poor images by visually selecting the image they lack rather than learning driver settings. If driver settings need to be adjusted for rare and difficult documents, our preview function allows scan operators to see their adjustments in real-time without time consuming re-scans. PaperStream IP works with both ISIS and TWAIN applications.
PaperStream Capture makes advanced capture with Fujitsu scanners easier than before. PaperStream Capture has a streamlined User Interface to reduce training time and increase productivity. Not only have we provided users with the most common profiles used by customers-black and white, color, and auto-color-new profiles are easily created or modified through a wizard. We have organized the release screen so that batches can easily be suspended or continued. PaperStream Capture is also integrated with PaperStream IP's assisted scanning for visual cleanup of documents. The reading of barcodes and patch codes make document separation easy, improving document organization.
PaperStream Capture Pro
A high-quality, front end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro enhances Fujitsu fi Series' superior scanning abilities with an improved feature set that includes options for high level data extraction and indexing, the import of electronic images, and support for multi-station licensing. PaperStream Capture Pro offers cost-effective improvement tools such as PaperStream IP for optimized image capture. As a distributed capture model, this scanner software captures your data without added costs and resources. This solution benefits organizations and departments that require an efficient yet easy way to convert paper documents into a digital file for high level data indexing and extraction. Improve records management processes and drive down business expenses with PaperStream Capture Pro.
Whether the infrastructure is fixed or expanding, managing technology efficiently inside the organization is key to reducing total cost of ownership and the Fujitsu scanner provides system administrators with advanced software tools to centrally manage the scanner more productively and cost effectively.
- Agent, console and server remote scanner management
- Real-time Fujitsu scanner inventory
- Status and alert monitoring
- Centralized driver update deployment
- Consumable management
High-impact scanning, low environmental impact
In keeping with Fujitsu's long-standing commitment to safeguarding the environment, the fi-5950 is the latest business scanner to adhere to strictest ecological regulations throughout the entire manufacturing process. The design and manufacture of the fi-5950 meet Energy Star's energy consumption requirements and the European Union's Reduction of Hazardous Substances and Volatile Organic Compounds regulations.
|Image Sensor Type||Dual Color Charge Coupled Device (CCD) image sensor|
|Output Resolution (1)||50 to 600 dpi, 1200 dpi (2)(3)|
|Halftone patterns||4 Dither Patterns and error diffusion|
|Grayscale||10-bit/1,024 level (internal), 8-bit/256 level (output)|
|Color||24-bit single pass color|
(200 or 300 dpi, Letter, Color, Grayscale and Monochrome)
|Portrait||105 ppm||210 ipm|
|Landscape||135 ppm||270 ipm|
|Scanning Mode||Simplex and Duplex|
|Document Feeding Mode||Automatic document feeder (ADF)|
|ADF Capacity||500 Sheets (A4: 80 g/m² or 20 lb.)|
|Expected Daily Volume||120,000 Sheets|
|Document Size||ADF Minimum||A8 Portrait (52 mm x 74 mm or 2 in. x 3 in.)|
|ADF Maximum||A3 Portrait (297 mm x 420 mm or 11.7 in. x 16.5 in.) Double letter (279.4 mm x 431.8 mm or 11 in. x 17 in.)|
|Interface||Ultra Wide SCSI / USB 2.0 / and Third Party Slot|
|JPEG Compression||Hardware real time JPEG compression available|
|Power Requirements (auto-switching)||100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||250 W or less|
|Operating Environment||Temperature||15 °C to 35 °C (59 °F to 95 °F)|
|Relative Humidity||20 % to 80 % (non-condensing)
Not operating: 8 % to 95 %
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||500 mm x 540 mm x 540 mm (20 in. x 21 in. x 21 in.)|
|Weight||50 kg (110.4 lb.)|
|Inbox Contents||Document smoother, AC cable, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM, Operator panel overlay, fi-5950 Convenient Operation, Cleanning Guide|
|PaperStream IP driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver (4), PaperStream Capture, 2D Barcode for PaperStream (5), Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, Scanner Central Admin|
|Options||Pre and Post Imprinter, PaperStream Capture Pro|
|Features||Ultrasonic Intelligent MultiFeed Function Double Feed Detection (3x) and Long Document Scanning (6)|
|OS Support||Windows® 10 (7), Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2019, Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server®2008 R2, Windows Server® 2008 (8)|
- Intel® Core™ i5 desktop processor 2.5 GHz or higher, 4 GB RAM is recommended
- Selectable maximum density may vary depending on the length of the scanned document.
- Some limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the WIA Driver.
- Refer to the fi Series Support Site for driver/software downloads and full lineup of all supported operating system versions.
- Up to 125 (200 dpi, only when with PaperStream IP TWAIN).
- fi Series scanners do not run with Windows® 10 ARM-based PCs.
- Requires PaperStream IP 2.2.0 or earlier.
|Pick Roller||PA03450-K011||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Separator Roller||PA03450-K012||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Brake Roller||PA03450-K013||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Pad||PA03450-K014||Every 600,000 sheets or one year|
|Print Cartridge||CA00050-0262||4,000,000 printed characters or 6 months after opening the bag|
|Pre-Imprinter (FI-590PRF)||PA03450-D700||Front-side printing on document|
|Post-Imprinter (FI-590PRB)||PA03450-D710||Back-side printing on document|
|PaperStream Capture Pro Scan Station (MV)||PA43404-A695||PaperStream Capture Pro optional license|
Find out the details about your product's warranty and information on how to extend your warranty.Warranty Information (Worldwide)