FUJITSU Image Scanner fi-7140
The essential fi Series scanner with exceptional business performance
The fi-7140 provides high quality technology for reliable scanning and enhanced image processing functionalities to significantly empower business workflows. Compact in size as it is, the device scans A4 portrait documents at 40 ppm/80 ipm (200/300 dpi), loads up to 80 sheets at a time with scanning capacity up to as many as 6,000 sheets a day. It ensures utmost efficiency with amazing scanning performance.
- Skew Reducer to ensure stable feeding
- Paper Protection function to protect documents from damage
- Plastic card scanning
- Comes with PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture providing advanced image processing functions
- PaperStream ClickScan also available for ad-hoc use to scan in 3 simple steps
- PaperStream Capture Pro is available as premium software
Reliable scanning for a seamless workflow
The fi-7140 provides stable paper feeding mechanisms, and ensures speedy and high quality scanning without relying on PC performance.
Prevent multi-feed errors with reliable feeding functions
With brake rollers functioning as the fundamental mechanism to separate each sheet of paper for clean feeding, the scanner's high quality technologies provide reliable paper feeding. The Skew Reducer also helps improve feeding performance and prevents re-scanning that can result from document edges getting cut off. Even if papers jammed, the Paper Protection function keeps precious documents safe by detecting anomalies in sound and monitors paper feed distance so that users can comfortably scan their important business documents.
Independent separator rollers ensure that a document that is skewed will not affect the alignment of following sheets.
Minimizing risk of document damage with Paper Protection function
The Paper Protection function detects anomalies in sound and monitors paper feed distance. The fi-7140 keeps your important papers from being damaged.
Stress-free usability with a compact and user-friendly design
With a very compact design, the fi-7140 fits on use anywhere, such as on desks, countertops, and inside small offices. The device scans a wide variety of paper, as well as plastic cards, utilizing its straight paper feeding path, with a single push of a button.
Advanced software for work efficiency
Connect business workflow with PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture
The PaperStream IP scanner driver, supporting both TWAIN/ISIS, eliminates the need of making fine setting adjustments for OCR processes. It automatically converts images into exceptionally clean images, accelerating OCR even when scanning wrinkled, soiled and patterned documents.
With an intuitive interface, PaperStream Capture allows users to feed information into their organization's workflow through various capture features during batch scanning effectively and efficiently.
Streamline workflow with automatic functions
The software is designed to maximize administrator and user usability. Operation is simple to eliminate time spent on sorting scanned images and boost overall productivity.
Documents divided with barcodes and patchcodes are automatically sorted into appropriate folders with a few quick configuration processes. Automatic sorting allows users to load mixed batches while focusing on other tasks.
Utilize advanced optional capture software - PaperStream Capture Pro
A high-quality, front end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro, enhances fi Series scanners' superior scanning abilities with an improved feature set that includes options for high level data extraction and indexing, the import of electronic images, and support for multi-station licensing.
|Scanner Type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder), Duplex|
|Scanning Speed*1 (A4 Portrait)
|Simplex: 40 ppm (200/300 dpi)
Duplex: 80 ipm (200/300 dpi)
|Image Sensor Type||Color CCD x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Light Source||White LED Array x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
(Color / Grayscale / Monochrome)
|50 to 600 dpi (adjustable by 1 dpi increments),
1,200 dpi (driver)*5
|Output Format||Color: 24-bit, Grayscale: 8-bit, Monochrome: 1-bit|
|Background Colors||White / Black (selectable)|
|Document Size||Maximum*6||216 x 355.6 mm (8.5 x 14 in.)|
|Minimum||50.8 x 54 mm (2 x 2.1 in.)|
|Long paper scanning*7||5,588 mm (220 in.)|
|Paper Weight (Thickness)||Paper||27 to 413 g/m² (7.2 to 112 lb.)*8|
|Plastic Card||1.4 mm (0.055 in.) or less*9|
|ADF Capacity*10*11||80 Sheets (A4: 80 g/m² or Letter 20 lb)|
|Expected Daily Volume*12||6,000 Sheets|
|Multifeed Detection||Overlap detection (Ultrasonic sensor), Length detection|
|Paper Protection||Lag detection|
|Interface||USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10%|
|Power Consumption||Operating mode||36 W or less|
|Sleep mode||1.8 W or less|
|Auto Standby (Off) mode||Less than 0.35 W|
|Operating Environment||Temperature||5 to 35 °C (41 to 95 °F)|
|Relative Humidity||20 to 80% (non-condensing)|
|Environmental compliance||ENERGY STAR®, RoHS|
|Dimensions*13 (W x D x H)||300 x 170 x 163 mm (11.8 x 6.7 x 6.4 in.)|
|Weight||4.2 kg (9.3 lb.)|
|Supported Operating System||Windows® 11*14, Windows® 10*14, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2022, Windows Server® 2019, Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server® 2008 R2, macOS, Linux (Ubuntu)|
|Software / Drivers||PaperStream IP Diver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver*15, Image Scanner Driver for macOS (ICA)*15*16, Image Scanner Driver for Linux (SANE)*15*16, PaperStream Capture, PaperStream ClickScan*16, Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™*16, Scanner Central Admin|
|Image Processing Functions||Multi image output, Automatic color detection, Blank page detection, Dynamic threshold (iDTC), Advanced DTC, SDTC, Error diffusion, Dither, De-Screen, Emphasis, Dropout color (None/Red/Green/Blue/White/Saturation/Custom), sRGB output, Hole punch removal, Index tab cropping, Split image, De-Skew, Edge filler, Vertical streaks reduction, Cropping, Static threshold|
|Included Items||ADF paper chute, AC cable, AC adapter, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM|
- Actual scanning speeds are affected by data transmission and software processing times.
- Indicated speeds are from using JPEG compression.
- Indicated speeds are from using TIFF CCITT Group 4 compression.
- Selectable maximum resolution may vary depending on the length of the scanned document.
- Limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Scans folded documents of up to 297 x 432 mm (11.7 x 17 in.) with carrier sheet scanning.
- Capable of scanning documents longer than A4 (210 x 297 mm / 8.3 x 11.7 in.) sizes. When using PaperStream IP (TWAIN/ISIS) to scan at 200 dpi, the maximum scanning length is 5,588 mm (220 in.).
- Thicknesses of up to 127 to 209 g/m² (34 to 56 lb) can be scanned for A8 (52 x 74 mm / 2.1 x 2.9 in.) sizes.
- Capable of scanning up to 3 cards at a time (Note: does not set more than one embossed card at a time).
- Maximum capacity depends on paper weight and may vary.
- Capable of setting additional documents while scanning.
- Numbers are calculated using scanning speeds and typical hours of scanner use, and are not meant to guarantee daily volume or unit durability.
- Excludes the ADF paper chute and stacker.
- fi Series scanners do not run with Windows® 11 and 10 ARM-based PCs.
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the Image Scanner Driver for macOS/Linux or WIA Driver.
- Refer to the fi Series Support Site for driver/software downloads and full lineup of all supported operating system versions.
|Brake Roller||PA03670-0001||Every 200,000 sheets or one year|
|Pick Roller||PA03670-0002||Every 200,000 sheets or one year|
|Print Cartridge||CA00050-0262||4,000,000 printed characters or 6 months after opening the bag|
|Post-Imprinter (FI-718PR)||PA03670-D201||Back-side printing on document|
|Carrier Sheets||PA03360-0013||Each package contains 5 carrier sheets|
|2D Barcode for PaperStream||PA43404-A433||Reads PDF417, QR code, Data Matrix, Aztec Code|
|PaperStream Capture Pro Scan Station (WG)||PA43404-A665||PaperStream Capture Pro optional license|
Find out the details about your product's warranty and information on how to extend your warranty.Warranty Information (Worldwide)