Fujitsu’s All New in Touch Award-Winning Portfolio at CeBIT
- Fujitsu’s extensive touch portfolio of LIFEBOOK notebooks and STYLISTIC tablets now available
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK U904 in the spotlight: the world’s first Ultrabook with integrated PalmSecure technology wins CeBIT Preview Award for innovation and nomination as a CeBIT Highlight Product
- Four touch concepts covering use cases help businesses select the right devices for individual roles and needs
In the spotlight at CeBIT this year is the FUJITSU LIFEBOOK U904 Ultrabook with 4G/LTE connectivity for users who require sophisticated performance, full ergonomics and ultimate connectivity in an ultra slim notebook design. The thinnest business Ultrabook in the 14-inch class was nominated as a CeBIT Highlight Product, won the CeBIT Preview Award for innovation and is the first Ultrabook to integrate PalmSecure, Fujitsu’s leading edge palm vein biometric security technology.
PalmSecure is an easy-to-use biometric technology that uses the unique pattern of oxygen-depleted blood veins in a user’s hand to provide identification that has a much lower False Acceptance Rate, of less than 0.00008 percent – or 1 in 1,250,000 – in comparison to other biometric methods. Palm Secure is ten times safer than an iris scan, 100 times more secure than a fingerprint and 1000 times more reliable than face recognition. The False Rejection Rate (FRR), meaning the number of cases in which the application refuses an authorized person, is also a miniscule 0.01 percent using fixed PalmSecure sensors.
Thanks to PalmSecure, the LIFEBOOK U904 Ultrabook offers the industry’s highest mobile security standards, making it perfect for users who require high performance, full ergonomics and connectivity - all in an ultra sleek design The FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S904, also been nominated as a CeBIT Highlight Product, provides full productivity with 24 hours battery runtime, embedded 4G/LTE connectivity and a high-resolution WQHD IGZO display with outstanding contrast and sharpness. Its slim, lightweight design provides ultimate mobility.
To harness the transformative power of technology, Fujitsu has matched the needs of different work roles to optimize the mix of benefits customers require. Examples include the ability to stay in constant contact with colleagues via always-on data, all-day battery runtime, travelling light, and focusing on durability even in tough environments. Fujitsu’s four Touch Concepts – Touch Notebooks, 2-in-1s, Business Tablets and Specialized Tablets – enable businesses and users to match technology needs with efficient and effective work styles for new and satisfying user experiences.
Joerg Hartmann, Vice President, Client Computing Devices, International Business, Fujitsu
“As people’s use of information and communication technology matures, users are taking center stage in determining the technologies they need to do their jobs well and thrive in their daily lives. Fujitsu’s All New in Touch portfolio is designed to empower people to achieve their full potential, without compromising on the types of security and other features that enterprises demand. That’s why after more than 20 years developing PCs and tablets that are built for the enterprise but designed for the user, Fujitsu continues to be recognized for its innovation, as reflected in the latest CeBIT Preview Award for FUJITSU LIFEBOOK U904 Ultrabook with integrated FUJITSU PalmSecure.”
Notes to editors
The Fujitsu ‘All New in Touch’ Portfolio includes:
- Touch Notebooks are for users that require intelligent performance, full ergonomics and connectivity – for example, for IT professionals, financial analysts or doctors. New portfolio members include:
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK U904 which is the thinnest business Ultrabook™ in the 14-inch class, only 15.5mm at 1.39 kg, with revolutionary crystal clear 14.0-inch (3200x1800) IGZO display and touchscreen option, incorporating ultimate security features, backlit keyboard and optional port replicator.
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S904 with evolutionary clear-cut 13.3-inch (2560x1440) anti-glare display option for in- and outdoor use, touchscreen option and unlimited computing with up to 24-hours* battery runtime and modular bay concept for optical disk drive, second hard disk, second battery or bay projector.
*up to 24 hours with first and second battery.
- 2-in-1s are for knowledge workers with higher productivity needs, such as general managers, executives or insurance agents. New portfolio members include:
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK T904, which is a unique 13.3-inch classic convertible Ultrabook with IGZO display, super lightweight of 1.6 kg and 17.1 mm thin. Includes user-exchangeable battery, and bi-directional super high-definition (2560x1600) rotatable display, plus dual digitizer for pen and finger input, backlit keyboard and pull-out LAN connector.
- FUJITSU LIFEBOOK T734 with bi-directional rotatable display including pen and finger input, complete set of security features – including SmartCard reader, and a modular bay offering versatility and mobility.
- Business Tablets are for mobile workers who share and view content, for example sales personnel, teachers, flight attendants or information terminals.
- Specialized tablets are for highly mobilized roles where additional features are required, such as field engineers, production controllers, chemists, nurses, haulage workers, surveyors or retail point of sale.
- FUJITSU STYLISTIC Q584, which is a super thin and light semi-ruggedized 10.1-inch tablet, with revolutionary high resolution display (2560x1600) with pen and touch input, optional NFC, cradle and dockable keyboard.
- FUJITSU STYLISTIC Q704, which is a unique 12.5-inch (1920x1080) semi-ruggedized tablet with pen and touch input comprising up to powerful 4th gen. Core i7 vPro processor technology, dual performance mode for up to 16 hours in working mode*, optional NFC, cradle and 2 dockable keyboard variants.
* 16 hours with first and second battery in keyboard
- To meet additional specialized needs, Fujitsu is introducing a range of built-to-order ‘Shell’ options for both new STYLISTIC tablets. The first of these are:
- Functional Shell, which is also semi-ruggedized and has bearings to mount accessories, for example a hand strap for easy and safe use in many different situations. A VESA base plate for VESA-ready accessories is additionally available.
- SmartCard Shell, offers added security due to a SmartCard slot, which however, removes protection against dust and water, but also provides the same flexibility for accessories like the Functional Shell.
Pricing and availability
The new generation of FUJITSU LIFEBOOK Notebooks and STYLISTIC Tablets are now available at Fujitsu and its distribution partners. Prices vary by model and configuration.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of information and communication technology (ICT) -based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in over 100 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
Date: 12 March, 2014