Fujitsu's Environmental Philosophy and Mission
Environmental sustainability has always formed a core part of Fujitsu's business. From the adoption of park-style design for our factory in Kawasaki in 1935 to today's ambitious Fujitsu Group Environmental Action Plan, sustainability is a key to every stage of our end to end ICT services.
Significant climate change and declining biodiversity are just two of many serious environmental issues that continue to escalate on a global scale. Furthermore, with the world's population now more than 7 billion, there are rising concerns about a shortage of food, water, energy and other resources.
As a global ICT company, Fujitsu can create new value and transform business and society. The Fujitsu Group is committed to helping resolve global environmental issues through the power of ICT. By doing so, we will continue working together with our stakeholders in the global value chain including our customers, partners and suppliers to shape a sustainable and prosperous society.
Our sustainability strategies in two dimensions
By increasing the deployment of ICT throughout society, the Fujitsu Group will expand our contributions to solving environmental challenges together with customers and society. We will continually strive to lower the environmental burden of our business activities.
Fujitsu's Environmental Achievements
Holds top positions in world leading sustainability rankings; such as:
- FORTUNE Magazine's 2017 List of 'World's Most Admired Companies'
- Fujitsu is part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (World, Asia Pacific), FTSE4Good Index Series, and UN Global Compact Stock Index.
- May 12, 2017
- Mid/Long-term Environmental Vision "FUJITSU Climate and Energy Vision"
- March 3, 2017
- Fujitsu Wins Grand Prize in 26th Global Environment Award
- February 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Support for Blakiston's Fish Owl Habitat Survey Honored by Japan Nature Conservation Awards
- December 20, 2016
- Fujitsu Group Malaysia Eco-Forest Park Certified as a Forest Reserve by Sabah, Malaysia
- September 14, 2016
- Fujitsu Chosen for the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for 17th Time
- August 9, 2016
- Fujitsu ICT Contributes to Approximately 40 Million Ton Reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- April 20, 2016
- Fujitsu Expands Contributions to Customers and Society through New Environmental Action Plan
- April 13, 2016
- Fujitsu Releases a Video Showing "On-Site Environmental Classes"
- February 05, 2016
- Fujitsu Receives its First Gold Class CSR Rating from RobecoSAM, a World Leading SRI Ratings Company
- September 25, 2015
- Fujitsu Chosen for the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for 16th Time