Environmental Policy at the Fujitsu Group
Fujitsu Group Environmental Policy
The Fujitsu Group has established the Fujitsu Group Environmental Policy based on the principles and guidelines set forth in the FUJITSU Way.
The Fujitsu Group recognizes that global environmental protection is a vitally important business issue. By utilizing our technological expertise and creative talents in the ICT industry, we seek to contribute to the promotion of sustainable development. In addition, while observing all environmental regulations in our business operations, we are actively pursuing environmental protection activities on our own initiative. Through our individual and collective actions, we will continuously strive to safeguard a rich natural environment for future generations.
- We help customers and society reduce the environmental impact of their business activities and improve environmental efficiency with advanced technologies, ICT products and solutions.
- We proactively promote environmentally conscious business activities to help the environment and economy coexist harmoniously.
- We strive to reduce the environmental impact of our ICT products and solutions throughout their entire lifecycle.
- We are committed to conserving energy and natural resources, and practice the 3Rs approach (reduce, reuse and recycle) to create best-of-breed eco-friendly products and solutions.
- We seek to reduce risks to human health and the environment from the use of chemical substances and waste.
- We disclose environment-related information on our business activities, ICT products and solutions, and we utilize the resulting feedbacks to critique ourselves in order to further improve our environmental programs.
- We encourage our employees to work on global environmental conservation such as tackling climate change and preservation of biodiversity through their business and civic activities to be role models in society.
Medium-Term Environmental Vision "Green Policy 2020"
The roles the Fujitsu Group should play and the directions it should follow in the years leading up to 2020 are laid out in the Group's Green Policy 2020 medium-term environmental vision. In working to achieve the three objectives set forth under Green Policy 2020 - Benefiting customers and society, pursuing internal reforms, and preserving biodiversity - we will create technologies and solutions, and collaborate with various actors while changing the Fujitsu Group itself into a low-carbon company to realize a low-carbon, prosperous society.
Medium-Term Environmental Vision "Green Policy 2020" (298 KB)
First ICT Services Company to Garner "Eco-First" Credentials
In September 2010, Fujitsu became the first ICT services company to be certified under Japan's Ministry of the Environment's "Eco-First Program." Under the program, industry-leading companies pledge to fulfill their environmental commitments to the Minister of the Environment in areas such as countering climate change and conserving biodiversity as a way to further promote their environmental protection initiatives.
Share this page