How to Apply
The following information is for the 34th Fujitsu Scholarship Program, which ended its application period on September 11, 2015
To apply for the Fujitsu Scholarship, follow the steps listed below:
Please note that the requirements for applying to Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without Fujitsu Scholarship and with Fujitsu Scholarship are different.
For those applying for Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without receiving Fujitsu Scholarship, please follow the instructions on the Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation website.
For those who would like to participate in Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship, follow the instructions below.
STEP 1: Register through the Web
- Check Eligibility: Applicants check their eligibility for applying to the Fujitsu Scholarship program.
- Register Your Information: Applicants fill out the Web Registration Form.
- Download the Application Forms: Applicants will receive an e-mail upon registering with links for downloading the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form.
STEP 2: Prepare Application Documents
Prepare the application documents. The necessary documents are as follows. Refer to the "Details for the Required Documentation" for more information.
- Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form
- Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form
- Photocopy of your TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score report
Valid test dates are between October 2010 and August 2015.
- Original Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate
Both the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form must be filled out and sent as follows:
- Click on the links to download the application forms and save them on your computer.
- Fill out the application forms on your computer. Application forms must be typed.
- Save the completed application forms on your computer. When saving, please change the PDF file names as follows.
- Replace "CountryName" part of the PDF file name with your country of citizenship in all lowercase characters.
- Replace "LastName" part of the PDF file name with your last name in all lowercase characters.
- E-mail the completed application PDF files to the following address:
- Print out the completed application PDF forms (one copy for each application). Application forms may be printed double-sided.
- After printing out the application forms, sign them in the area marked Applicant's Signature on both application forms.
- Send the signed application forms along with all required documents to the address listed below.
STEP 3: Send Application Documents
Submit the documents listed in STEP 2 to:
Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office
6660 Hawaii Kai Drive
Honolulu, HI 96825
Do not contact us to ask whether your application documents have been received. Use "certified" mail or other traceable method if you need confirmation.
September 11, 2015 at Noon Japan Time (September 10, 2015 at 17:00 Hawaii Time)
- All documents must be received by the above deadline.
- Applicants who fail to submit all documents by the deadline will not be considered.
- Submitted application documents will not be returned to applicants.
1. Initial Screening
Initial screening is based on the strength of the application, which includes meeting the admission qualifications.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview at a designated date. Applicants should be residing in their respective countries of citizenship (or in Hawaii for Hawaii residents) at the time of their interviews.
The interview for the 34th Fujitsu Scholarship Program will be held between October 12 and October 23. The exact interview date in each country will be posted here as it is decided.
3. Selection of recipients
- Final selection will be determined by Fujitsu Limited.
- Selection is based on English proficiency (for non-native speakers of English), work experience, motivation and goals as expressed in the interview. A key factor is the individual's commitment to contributing to the development of their communities and home countries.