How to Apply
To apply for the Fujitsu Scholarship, read the instructions thoroughly and follow the steps listed below:
The admission requirements, application documents, application deadline, and selection
process for applying to Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship and without Fujitsu Scholarship are different.
For those who would like to participate in Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship, follow the instructions below.
For those applying for Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without receiving Fujitsu Scholarship, please follow the instructions on the Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation website.
STEP 1: Register through the Web
- Check Eligibility: Check your eligibility for applying to the Fujitsu Scholarship program by checking your qualifications.
- Check Documentation: Check Details for the Required Documentation to confirm that you are able to meet the documentation requirements.
- Register Your Information: Fill out the Web Registration Form. You must register during the application period to which you are submitting your application documents.
- Download the Application Forms: You will receive an e-mail upon registering with links for downloading the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form.
STEP 2: Prepare Application Documents
Prepare the application documents. The necessary documents are listed below. Refer to "Details for the Required Documentation" for more information.
- Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form
- Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form
- Photocopy of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score report
- Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate in English (No Photocopies)
Both the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form must be filled out and sent as follows:
- Click on the links to download the application forms and save them on your computer.
- Fill out the application forms on your computer. Application forms must be typed.
- Save the completed application forms on your computer. When saving, please change the PDF file names as follows.
- Replace "CountryName" part of the PDF file name with your country of citizenship in all lowercase characters.
- Replace "LastName" part of the PDF file name with your last name in all lowercase characters.
- E-mail the completed application PDF files to the address below. You must use the same e-mail address which you submitted at the time of registration.
* Do not contact us to ask whether your application documents have been received. Keep your sent e-mail as proof of submitting the PDF format of the application forms.
Submitting the PDF application forms does not complete your application. You must also submit signed hardcopies of the application forms along with the other required documentations to the address written in STEP 3.
- Print out the completed application PDF forms (one copy for each application). Application forms may be printed double-sided.
- After printing out the application forms, sign them in the area marked "Applicant's Signature" on both application forms.
- Send the signed application forms along with all required documents to the address listed below.
STEP 3: Send Application Documents
Submit the documents listed in STEP 2 to:
Fujitsu Scholarship Program Office
JAIMS Planning Department
Fujitsu Solution Square, 17-25, Shinkamata 1-chome,
Ota-ku, Tokyo 144-8588, Japan
Do not contact us to ask whether your application documents have been received. Use "certified" mail or another traceable method if you need confirmation.
Application and Course Schedule
The application period for the 36th Fujitsu Scholarship program for the 2017 Fall Course intake is from December 19, 2016 through March 15, 2017, noon Japan Time. The selected Fujitsu Scholars attend the three-and-a-half-month Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge 2017 Fall Curse offered from August 27, 2017 through December 8, 2017.
- All documents must be received during the application period.
- Applicants who fail to submit all documents during the application period will not be considered.
- Submitted application documents, such as transcripts and graduate certificates, will not be returned to applicants.
1. Initial Screening
Initial screening is based on the strength of the application, which includes meeting the admission qualifications.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview at a designated date.
Applicants should be residing in their respective countries of citizenship (or in Hawaii for Hawaii residents) at the time of their interviews. The interview date in each country will be posted in March.
3. Selection of recipients
- Final selection will be determined by Fujitsu Limited.
- Selection is based on English proficiency (for non-native speakers of English), work experience, motivation and goals as expressed in the interview. A key factor is the individual's commitment to contributing to the development of their communities and home countries.
- Fujitsu Limited does not provide explanations concerning selection of recipients.