How to Apply
To apply for the Fujitsu Scholarship, follow the steps listed below:
Please note that the requirements for applying to Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without Fujitsu Scholarship and with Fujitsu Scholarship are different.
For those applying for Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without receiving Fujitsu Scholarship, please apply to the program following the instructions on the Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation website.
For those who would like to participate in Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship, please check qualifications. The application for Fujitsu Scholarship must follow the instructions below.
To apply for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program with Fujitsu Scholarship, you must complete the following three steps.
STEP 1: Register through the Web
WEB entry has four steps as below. >>>>> WEB Registration <<<<<
: Applicants check the eligibility for applying to Fujitsu Scholarship program.
Register Your Information
: Applicants enter information on Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form (including the essay and work experience information)
Register Recommendation Providers
: Applicants register two Recommendation Providers' information.
: Recommendation Providers submit the Recommendations.
STEP 2: Prepare Application Documents
Prepare application documents. The necessary documents are as follows. Refer to the "details for the required documentations" for details.
- Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form
* Obtain a cover sheet and attach it to the front of your application document.
Download cover sheet (19 KB)
- Photocopy of TOEFL,TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score report
Valid test dates are between September 2009 and August 2014.
- Original Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate
It must be sent directly from the academic institution attended to the Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office.
STEP 3: Send Application Documents
Submit the documents listed in STEP 2 to:
Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office
6660 Hawaii Kai Drive
Honolulu, HI 96825
September 1, 2014
- All documentation must be received by September 1, 2014.
- Applicants who fail to submit all documents by the due date will not be considered.
- Submitted application documents will not be returned to applicants.
- Status of submission can be checked on document submission page.
1. Initial Screening
Initial screening is based on the strength of the application, which includes meeting the admission qualifications.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview at a designated date. The interview date in each country will be announced on this website in August. Applicants should be residing in their respective countries of citizenship (or in Hawaii for Hawaii residents) at the time of their interview.
3. Selection of recipients
- Final selection will be determined by Fujitsu Limited.
- Selection is based on English proficiency (for non-native speakers of English), work experience, motivation, goals as expressed in the essay and interview, academic performance, and test scores. A key factor is the individual's commitment to contributing to the mutual understanding and cooperation between countries and to the development of his/her home country. However, no single attribute outweighs others in the selection process, and strengths in one area may be used to offset weaknesses in another.