How to Apply
To apply for the Fujitsu Scholarship, read the instructions thoroughly and follow the steps listed below:
Application period: July 9, 2018 - September 20, 2018
The above period is for the 39th Fujitsu Scholarship program for the 2019 Spring Course intake. All required documents must be received during application period.
*Each year Fujitsu Limited usually opens two application cycles: one for spring course and one for fall course. Regarding the schedule for next scholarship, information will be posted on this website around December 2018. (The schedule is subject to change.)
The selected Fujitsu Scholars attend the three-and-a-half-month Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge 2019 Spring Course delivered by Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation.
- Program Period: February 15, 2019 - May 31, 2019
The admission requirements, application documents, application deadline, and selection process for applying to Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship and without Fujitsu Scholarship are different.
For those who would like to participate in Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship, follow the instructions below.
For those applying for Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without receiving Fujitsu Scholarship, please follow the instructions on the Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation website.
STEP 1: Register through the Web
- Check Eligibility: Check your eligibility before applying for the Fujitsu Scholarship program by checking the Qualifications.
- Check Documentation: Check Details of the Required Documentation to confirm that you are able to meet the documentation requirements.
- Register Your Information: Fill out the Web Registration Form. You must register during the application period to which you are submitting your application documents.
- Download the Application Forms: You will receive an e-mail upon registering with links for downloading the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form.
STEP 2: Prepare Application Documents
Prepare the application documents.
The necessary documents should be prepared to meet the requirements mentioned in "Details of the Required Documentation
- Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form
- Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form
- Photocopy of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score report
- Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate in English (No Photocopies)
- All documents must be received during application period.
- Applicants who fail to submit all documents during application period will not be considered.
- Submitted application documents, such as transcript and graduate certificate, will not be returned.
Both the Fujitsu Scholarship Application Form and the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form must be filled out and sent as follows:
- Click on the links to download the application forms and save them on your computer.
- Fill out the application forms on your computer. Application forms must be typed.
- Save the completed application forms on your computer. When saving, please change the PDF file names as follows.
- Replace "CountryName" part of the PDF file name with your country of citizenship in all lowercase characters.
- Replace "LastName" part of the PDF file name with your last name in all lowercase characters.
STEP 3: Submit Application Documents
Both of your PDF application forms and signed hardcopies of the application forms along with the other required documentations must be sent in order to complete your application.
(1) PDF files:
E-mail the completed application PDF files saved on your computer to the address below. You must use the same e-mail address which you submitted at the time of registration.
- Do not contact us to ask whether your application documents have been received. Keep your sent e-mail as proof of submitting the PDF format of the application forms.
- Please set to receive our e-mail. Fujitsu is not responsible for any failure of e-mail delivery.
- Print out the completed application PDF forms (one copy for each application). Application forms may be printed double-sided.
- After printing out the application forms, sign them in the area marked "Applicant's Signature" on both application forms.
- Send the signed application forms along with all required documents to the address listed below.
(2) Application Documents in Paper:
Submit the documents listed in STEP2 to the following address.
Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office
6660 Hawaii Kai Drive
Honolulu, HI 96825
Do not contact us to ask whether your application documents have been received. Use "certified" mail or another traceable method if you need confirmation.
1. Initial Screening
Initial screening is based on the strength of the application, which includes meeting the admission qualifications.Result notification of the initial screening will be early October 2018.
Applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview on a designated date.
- Interview will be held in their respective country of citizenship or in Hawaii for Hawaii residents. Transportation fees are at applicant's expense.
- We don't conduct the interview via Skype.
Result notification of the interview will be early November 2018.
3. Selection of recipients
- Final selection will be determined by Fujitsu Limited.
- Selection is based on English proficiency (for non-native speakers of English), work experience, motivation and goals as expressed in the application documents and interview. A key factor is the individual's commitment to contributing to the development of their communities and home countries.
- Fujitsu Limited does not provide explanations concerning selection of recipients.