To apply for the Fujitsu Scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications.
A bachelor's degree or a degree equivalent to a four-year standard baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
A minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred) after receiving a degree specified in the above Education section at the time of application
A minimum TOEFL score of 577/233/90 (paper/computer/Internet), TOEIC score of 750, or IELTS (Academic) overall band test result of 6.5 or higher from a test taken within the last five years at the time of application
The following applicants are exempt from submitting an English proficiency test score:
- Applicants whose native language is English and who are from one of the following countries: the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore.
- Applicants who have received a bachelor's or advanced degree within the last five years from the time of application from an accredited or recognized college or university in one of the following six countries: the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore. To be qualified for this exemption, you must submit the transcript or graduate certificate for this degree.
If your institution is located in a country other than these six, you can qualify for an exemption if you meet the following two criteria.
- The medium of instruction and all coursework were done solely in English and this is clearly stated on the transcript or graduate certificate in English.
If your transcript or graduate certificate does not list this information, submit an official letter from the university certifying so in English.
- The letter must be on the university's letterhead, signed and dated by the university official, and sealed in the university's envelope and/or have a stamp certifying that it's prepared by the university.
- The envelope must not be opened by anyone including the applicant for it to be considered official.
- The degree was conferred within the last five (5) years from the time of application.
Applicants must be a resident of the State of Hawaii, U.S.A., or a citizen of one of the following : Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Applicants who are residents of the State of Hawaii will be requested to prove Hawaii residency. For details, refer to Definition of Hawaii Residency.