Twenty Years of Fujitsu PRIMERGY Innovation Leads to Record-breaking Quality and Efficiency
- Fujitsu rewards Pošta Srbije (Postal Service of Serbia) for having the longest-running PRIMERGY systems in use – with a brand-new world-record breaking PRIMERGY system
- Independent benchmarks underline the impressive efficiency of the new FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY RX2540 M1
- Thanks to the business-centric versatile performance of PRIMERGY servers, customers benefit from lower costs over the extended lifecycle of the system
Uwe Neumeier, Vice President Global Server Business, Fujitsu
“Twenty years is a very long time in ICT. Quality, efficiency and agility are still a winning combination for server systems and data center solutions. Like Pošta Srbije, customers choosing PRIMERGY today can be confident that they are buying systems and solutions which provide modular building blocks for future requirements of a business-centric data center. We look forward to supporting Pošta Srbije for the next decade or more!”
Zoran Trifunovic, Head of Department for System Software, Pošta Srbije
“We are using over 200 PRIMERGY servers which are driving our IT operations and business. We bought the PRIMERGY 561 in 1996. Since then it was used for a variety of application purposes and helped the IT organization of Pošta Srbije solving all kinds of situations. Compared with other suppliers the Fujitsu PRIMERGY servers offer unique reliability and efficiency.”
Tom Brusselle, System Administrator, Group Schaubroeck, BU IT, Belgium
“Our PRIMERGY server is running smoothly since the first power on in December 1998. We did not have any failure with the hard drives, fan modules, or the power supplies. We would recommend each customer the use of these high quality Fujitsu products. Nevertheless, after a rich life in which it ran many applications, the server will get a well deserved retirement after more than 15 years continuous operation.”
Joachim Klein, Chief Executive Director, I-Business Klein GmbH, Austria
“As for Fujitsu, issues such as environmental friendliness and sustainability are a key factor for us. Our PRIMERGY servers are fully redundant, equipped and characterized by their stability and reliability in daily operation. Nevertheless, if a defect occurs, the servers feature a customer self-service module and permanent status monitoring enabling high serviceability that saves our time. In addition, maintenance contracts and availability of spares until long after the expiry of warranty guarantee a long lifecycle.”
Pricing and availability
FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY systems are available directly from Fujitsu and via distribution partners. Recently introduced models include the PRIMERGY RX2540 M1 rack server, the PRIMERGY BX2560 M1 server blade and the CX400 M1 scale-out infrastructure with CX2550 M1 and CX2570 M1 server nodes. Further models using the Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors will follow soon. Prices vary by region, model and configuration.
Notes to editors
Highlights of the current generation of PRIMERGY include:
- More versatile performance to overcome data growth
- Boosted application performance by up to 56 percent(3) featuring the new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family as well as DDR4 memory technology.
- Ability to individually adapt current server networks and flexibility to meet future requirements with new Dynamic LoM technology.
- Extended Cool-safe® Advanced Thermal Design as part of a uniform data center concept for selected PRIMERGY servers, ETERNUS storage systems and network switches which support ambient data center temperatures of up to 40°C, enabling customers to save energy and cooling costs.
- Reduced costs via Fujitsu’s energy management solution that identifies energy inefficient systems of heterogeneous IT infrastructures and provides strategies and action plans to improve energy efficiency.
- Foundation for trust and security to meet increased demand for IT resource availability
- Optimized data center operations that significantly reduce downtime costs and increase process quality by automating contingency processes.
- Reduced time required to implement new IT projects while simultaneously improving service level agreements, with Fujitsu’s PAN Manager offering now also supported by selected PRIMERGY RX and CX systems.
- Free of charge provisioning of BIOS versions, firmware and software updates. Fujitsu continues not to charge customers to provide access to upgrades that simplify system management, therefore reducing the impact on IT resources.
- Innovations which simplify the management, therefore freeing up IT resources
- ServerView Embedded Lifecycle Management consolidates and enhances management functionalities that are directly available (‘embedded‘) within the server for simplified and highly integrated management processes.
- ServerView Agentless Service separates the various networks for productive and management data for enhanced data security.
- ServerView System Monitor is particularly designed for easy and low-overhead management of small and distributed server installations.
1 The PRIMERGY RX2540 M1 achieved 3,772.08 tpsE (transactions per second E) at 130.44 USD per tpsE, using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. The RX2540 M1 was configured with two Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 - 2.30 GHz and 512 GB of memory. The system availability for this TPC-E benchmark result is 12/01/14. Full test results including system specification and further details can be found at http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_result_detail.asp?id=114100601. Competitive benchmark result stated above reflects results published on www.tpc.org as of October 6, 2014. TPC, TPC Benchmark, TPC-E and tpsE are trademarks of the Transaction Processing Performance Council.
2 Competitive benchmark results stated above reflect results published on www.spec.org as of October 21, 2014. Score of 10,654 overall ssj_ops/watt published by Fujitsu on the PRIMERGY RX2540 M1, see: http://www.spec.org/power _ssj2008/results/res2014q4/power_ssj2008-20140930-00675.html SPEC®, SPECint®, SPECfp®, SPECjbb®, SPECweb®, SPECpower®, SPECpower_ssj®, SPECvirt_sc® and the SPEC logo are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). For the latest benchmark results, visit http://www.spec.org.
3 Comparison based on two-tier SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark: PRIMERGY RX300 S8 featuring Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697 v2, 2 processors/24 cores/48 threads, achieved 10,240 benchmark users (Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012, SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0, certification 2013024) while the PRIMERGY RX2540 M1 featuring Intel Xeon processor E5-2699 v3, 2 processors/36 cores/72 threads, achieved 16,000 benchmark users.
Fujitsu er Japans førende ICT (Information and Communication Technology) virksomhed og tilbyder en komplet portefølje af teknologiprodukter, løsninger og services. Omkring 155.000 Fujitsu medarbejdere supporterer kunder i over 100 lande. Med udgangspunkt i vores lange erfaring og informationsteknologiens store styrke er vi med til at forme fremtiden i samarbejde med vores kunder. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) havde i det regnskabsår, der afsluttedes den 31. marts 2017, en konsolideret omsætning på 40 mia. US$. For mere information, se venligst www.fujitsu.com og www.fujitsu.dk.
Date: 17 November, 2014