Stable performance even under heavy load and efficient power consumption make this server suited to a broad range of Web, application, and database tasks.
SPARC T4 processor facilitates high throughput performance with minimized power consumption
- High throughput from max. 8 cores and 64 threads
- Higher performance for heavy load application due to excellent CPU clock improvement and 2-stage Out-of-Order pipeline
- Large improvement in integer calculations. SPARC T4 has a 16 stage integer pipe while SPARC T3 has six
- Based on 40 nm technology, it has pipeline encryption using an eight Stream Processing Unit for 10 major cipher functions
Performance tuned for high transaction applications.
- Compact 2U form factor with Max.64 executable threads
- Swift memory access with 128KB L2 cache in each core and 4MB L3 cache per CPU chip while SPARC T3 has 6MB L2 cache per CPU chip
- PCI-Express and high speed serial interface support
Hardware availability comprehensively assured by data protection and component redundancy.
- Memory Page Retirement retires memory pages with correctable errors and allocates a clean page. It also isolates memory pages with uncorrectable errors and allocates a clean page
- All major components including HDD, Power Supply Units and Fans can be redundantly configured and hot-swapped
- Local and remote (via LAN) server environment control with in-built ILOM (Integrated Lights Out Manager) service management processors
Operational cost reductions with partitioning and management software.
- Simple upgrade by Physical to Virtual conversion tools for Oracle VM Server for SPARC(Logical Domains) and Oracle Solaris Containers
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC(Logical Domains) Direct I/O provides high performance for I/O intensive applications
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC(Logical Domains) Dynamic Reconfiguration can flexibly and dynamically change server resources such as processors, memory, and Virtual I/O
- Oracle Solaris Containers ; simplifies system environment and business modifications
SPARC/Oracle Solaris provides the certainty that protects your system assets and provides mission critical service.
- Oracle Solaris, No.1 market share, UNIX OS (based on UNIX System V Release 4)
- Application binary compatibility, ensures all your applications will run without change or recompilation
- SPARC T4 conforms to the same SPARC V9 open processor architecture as all other SPARC processors and operating system versions. This provides the most stable roadmap into the future
Power consumption can be reduced with Power Management (Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.1).
- CPU clock increases or decreases as processor utilization increases or decreases
- Underutilized memory automatically operates in idle mode to save power
- Power Management can be used to reduce power based on consumption limit settings
||1 CPU chip
|Processor Core Quantity
|Processor Thread Quantity
||128KB per core
||4MB per CPU chip
||DDR3 with Buffer on Board interface
||256GB (16 memory slots)
||8 disk slots
||One Slim SATA DVD+/-R/W DVD Drive
||PCI Slots Quantity
||Six PCI-Express slots ( each eight lane) (*1)
||Four 10/100/1000 Mb/sec Ethernet Interfaces
||Four External USB 2.0 ports
||HDD, PSU, fan
||HDD, PSU, fan
|Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height)
||425.5 x 714.5 x 88.6 mm
( 16.75 x 28.13 x 3.49 in. )
||27.2 Kg (60 lb.)
|Max. Power Consumption (*2)
||Power consumption (Watts)
||771 (100V) / 762 (200V)
||5 - 35C
||10 - 90 %
(*1) Two out of six slots can accept 10Gbps Ethernet cards.
SPARC T4-1 Server Power Calculator (Link to Oracle site)