UNIX Server SPARC Enterprise M9000 feature
The ultimate Oracle Solaris server - Suitable for the largest data warehouse applications. More reliable than a mainframe, with outstanding virtualization from partitioning and Capacity On Demand (COD). Scalable to Max.256 cores and 4TB memory.
SPARC64™ VII+: Uplifting performance with the highest reliability
- Rich CPU resources such as max. 512 threads and 12MB level2 cache and the most efficient threading with the maximized resource use enable excellent performance
- Performance acceleration technologies including Simultaneous MultiThreading(SMT), super scalar, out of order, branch prediction and speculative execution
- Multi-level data protection; ECC (Error Checking and Correction) on cache memory, parity checking and instruction retry on Registers & ALU (Arithmetic and Logical Unit), eliminates all single bit errors
- Cutting-edge large system integration (LSI) technologies based on 65nm semiconductor technology means high performance and low power consumption
- With the same bus protocol in SPARC64™ VI, VII and VII+ and incorporating mixed clock processor in a server , server upgrade cost can be minimized
With the newest and standard technologies across server, application performance improves according to processor enhancement.
- Doubled level2 cache compared to the previous SPARC64 processor , slashing data access time
- Scalability to 256 cores and 4TB memory
- Performance growth that matches hardware resource addition
- Max.737 GB/sec data transmission performance
- PCI-Express and Serial Attached SCSI, high speed serial interface support
- Memory interleave mechanism speeds memory access
Unsurpassed hardware availability assured by thorough data protection and component redundancy.
- ECC (Error Checking and Correction) protects all address and data buses between main LSIs
- User selectable memory mirror mechanism, assures memory access even in cases of multi-bit error
- Hardware-level memory patrol detects memory errors without no exceptions
- All primary components including HDD, Power Supply Units and Fans can be redundant and hot-swapped
- Dual crossbars ensure service availability even during a crossbar failure
- Dual system clocks maintain service even if one system clock fails
- In-built redundant XSCF (eXtended System Control Facility) service processors monitor and control the server environment, locally or remotely (via LAN)
- Total system redundancy, including server, storage and network using PRIMECLUSTER
With doubled performance, fine-grained partitioning and lowest performance overhead in virtualization, sever consolidation capacity is also doubled.
- Fine-grained highly secure hardware partitioning (min. one CPU chip)
- Physically isolated independent partitions enable multiple secure, high-availability/reliability systems, in a single server
- Max.24 physical partitions can be configured
- DR (Dynamic Reconfiguration) flexibly expands, isolates or reconfigures partitions without system stoppage
- Oracle Solaris Containers enable thousands of virtual OS partitions on top of physical partitioning, providing outstanding flexibility in workload balancing
- COD provides swift and secure system expansion
- Graphical multi server management, Server System Manager (standard)
- Remote OS boot (SAN Boot) via fibre-channel
SPARC/Oracle Solaris provides the certainty that protects your system assets and provides mission critical service.
- Oracle Solaris, No.1 market share, UNIX OS (based on UNIX System V Release 4)
- Application binary compatibility, ensures all your applications will run without change or recompilation
- SPARC64™ VI/VII/VII+ and Oracle Solaris conform to the same SPARC V9 open processor architecture as all other SPARC processors and operating system versions. This provides the most stable roadmap into the future