Touch Panels - Cleaning Information
Applicable to Fujitsu Components Ltd. and Transtouch Technology Inc. products
- Use a soft lint-free cloth.
- The cloth may be used dry, or lightly dampened with a mild cleaner or Ethanol.
- Be sure the cloth is only lightly dampened, not wet. Never apply cleaner directly to touch panel surface; if cleaner is spilled onto touch panel, soak it up immediately with absorbent cloth.
- Cleaner must be neither acid nor alkali (neutral pH).
- When using cleaner, avoid contact with the edges of the film or glass, and with the flex tail.
- Wipe the surface gently; if there is a directional surface texture, wipe in the same direction as the texture.
- Never use acidic or alkaline cleaners, or organic chemicals such as: paint thinner, acetone, tolulene, xylene, propyl or isopropyl alchohol, or kerosene.
- Suitable cleaning products are commercially available pre-packaged for use; one example of such a product is Klear Screen™, or commercially available off-the-shelf retail brands such as Glass Plus® Glass and Surface Cleaner made by Reckitt-Benckiser.
- Use of incorrect cleaners can result in optical impairment of touch panel and/or damage to functionality.
NOTE: Most products contain 1-3% Isopropyl Alcohol by volume, which is within acceptable limits for Resistive Touch Panel cleaning use.
CAUTION: Many products contain Ammonia, Phosphates, and/or Ethylene Glycol, which are NOT ACCEPTABLE; check product content label carefully.
Fujitsu Components America, Inc
Resistive Touch Panel Marketing