Fujitsu Scanner Service Programs
Maintained scanners experience less downtime, have longer useful life, and increase the capital value of your investment. The worries of project delays, making daily scan quotas, backlogs, training of new employees, and unbudgeted repairs fall away with Fujitsu Service. Not only is Fujitsu Service affordable, but it can pay for itself in just one visit. For an overview, review our service guide below.
Key Fujitsu Service Values:
- Fujitsu authorized technicians
- Less expensive than time and materials
- Improves uptime for scan quotas and deadlines
- Increases capital equipment longevity
- Maintenance training for new employees
- Priority telephone support for faster resolutions
- Eliminates unbudgeted repairs
- Convenient service solutions available for non-Fujitsu scanners
We also service the following brands of scanners:
- Bowe Bell & Howell
To get a quote or more information on Service offerings, please fill out this form.
ScanCare® - The ultimate preventative maintenance program for Fujitsu ScannersScanCare is the Fujitsu premium scanner service offering and one of the most comprehensive service programs in the industry. It combines preventative maintenance, scanner consumables and training with the Basic on-site service option that includes spare parts, labor and technician travel. ScanCare® is available as an upgrade to the existing standard Limited Warranty.
ScanCare, Post-Warranty is available as an upgrade to the existing standard Limited Warranty and may be purchased in single or multi-year increments. You choose next business day, 4-hour or 24/7 response time options to suit the needs of your business.
ScanCare Service Advantages
- Provides preventative maintenance that improves scanner performance and productivity
- Convenient delivery of consumables kit(s) gives you what you need, when you need it
- Reduces unnecessary service calls by offering training in scanner product features and routine maintenance
- Helps improve on-site technician arrival time with 4-hour and 24/7 response time options
Advance Exchange - The simple, economical, onsite alternative for scanner serviceThe Fujitsu Advance Exchange Service Program offers whole-unit, next business day replacement for scanner equipment that cannot be repaired through technical support. It is available in all 50 states to help minimize downtime and applies to most models of Fujitsu scanners. If the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is unable to resolve a problem, a replacement unit is shipped overnight for requests received by 2pm PST, or else on the next business day for requests received later. The cost of the Advance Exchange program includes parts, labor and shipping to and from the customer.
Advance Exchange, Post-Warranty provides the same service for scanners beyond the applicable Limited Warranty period and is available in single or multi-year increments.
Advance Exchange Service Advantages
- Provides a replacement scanner before the return to Fujitsu of the malfunctioning scanner
- Quickly gets you back to scanning and back in business
- Advance Exchange, In-Warranty and Advance Exchange, Post-Warranty are the only Fujitsu-Authorized, whole-unit replacement service programs for Fujitsu Scanners
Depot - The unit replacement alternativeThe Depot service program is designed to provide mail-in unit repair service for those Customers requiring asset tag tracking or who prefer to retain their existing scanner. Depot service is available for all Workgroup, Departmental, Network and Low-Volume scanners (excluding the fi-5750C, fi-6770 Series & fi-7700). Depot, In-Warranty upgrades the Standard Limited Warranty to 12-months of coverage. Depot, Post-Warranty is available after the Limited Warranty period.
Advantages of Depot Scanner Service
Unit Repair and Return Service Depot service includes spare parts, labor and one-way shipping back to Customer for verified hardware failures. Service is available across the United States. Service will be provided between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Depot service does not include preventative maintenance, consumables and cleaning materials, troubleshooting of software configuration, applications or set-up.
Obtaining Service In the event of a hardware failure, Technical Assistance Center (TAC) will assist the Customer in resolving the problem over the telephone. Customer must provide TAC with the product model number, part number, serial number and a description of the problem. Customer may be asked to run some simple, self-diagnostic tests and report the resulting status and error code messages. This will assist TAC in determining if the problem is the scanner or another component of Customer’s system and if the problem can be resolved over the telephone. After TAC verifies a hardware problem, a service call will be initiated. TAC will open a Depot service call and provide instructions to ship the product to the Fujitsu Service Depot Center.
Return of Repaired Scanner Upon receipt of the product, the Fujitsu Service Depot Center will repair product. The repaired product will be shipped back to Customer within five (5) business days.
No Trouble Found / Excluded Returns If upon inspection of the defective scanner it is determined that the scanner is not defective, Customer will be billed by Fujitsu at the then current “No Trouble Found” (NTF) charge for that scanner. If upon inspection of the defective scanner it is determined that the problem is caused by user maintainable items (consumables), Customer will be billed by Fujitsu at the then current NTF charge for that scanner plus applicable consumables.
TermThe term of this service offering shall be one year from the date of service purchase with activation card or receipt of signed FCPA Service Contract Quotation or Purchase Order.
WarrantyFujitsu warrants that all services will be performed in a professional manner. See Fujitsu Service Terms and Conditions.
Services Not Covered — Service does not include the following:
- Electrical work external to the product, repair or replacement of product or increased service time required due to casualty, accident, damage, acts of God, transportation, missing parts, neglect, misuse or abuse, operator error, failure of proper management or supervision, unsuitable physical operating environment, use of supplies or accessories not approved by FCPA or its Authorized Service Provider.
- Service in connection with the installation, discontinuance or removal of the product.
- Any service and/or parts replacement resulting from fraud, tampering, misuse or the uses of counterfeit components, assemblies or modules.
- Accessories or missing parts, supplies, consumables and expendable items, or problems caused by those items identified as being the user’s responsibility in the Periodic Routine Maintenance chapter of the User’s Manual, nor does it cover relocation services, systems engineering services, programming, reinstallation of user operating systems or applications software, reconstruction of date, operational procedures due to any sort of failure to implement the most current software releases.
Basic on–site service provides value-oriented peace of mindBasic, In-Warranty on-site service for Fujitsu scanners upgrades the standard, Limited Warranty on certain models to a full 12 months of on-site service. The Basic option includes parts, labor, travel and a cleaning event. Basic, Post-Warranty is available after the Limited Warranty timeframe and can be purchased in single or multi-year increments.
Advantages of Basic Scanner Service
- Includes all spare parts, labor and travel for service of verified hardware failure
- Single cleaning event included to maintain peak scanner performance
- Protects your scanner investment and avoids unexpected repair costs
- Helps reduce downtime with 4-hour and 24/7 response time options
Co-terminous Basic Plus Service for Fujitsu Scanners
For customers who need financial flexibility, Fujitsu offers Co-terminous Basic Plus Service for its scanners. This option allows customers to purchase service for a specified number of months (certain restrictions apply). You can also synchronize services and billing on multiple scanner units or for multiple locations.
ScanAid™ Scanner Service Kit- Help yourself and saveScanAid™ is a factory-authorized consumables kit complete with instructions and cleaning supplies and can be purchased from the Fujitsu Scanner Store. The ScanAid™ kit provides handy replacements for consumables that wear naturally during normal use. And it serves as an indispensable preventative maintenance kit that helps improve performance, reduce service costs, and keep your scanner running at peak performance.
ScanAid™ Scanner Service Kit Advantages
- Provides economical alternative to on-site service via self-service preventative maintenance
- Product specific kits help reduce overall costs for service and consumables
- The consumables you need are delivered when you need them