OneContent™ Achieves Certification with PaperStream IP Image Enhancement Solution
Certification Further Expands Capabilities of the Award-Winning Fujitsu fi Series Scanner Product Line
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
In combination with the Fujitsu fi Series document imaging scanner line
, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image processing solution that allows documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images. This gives organizations the ability to maximize automation, productivity, and efficiency throughout the document capture processes. PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS driver interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today.
OneContent delivers enterprise-wide data in a single, centralized system designed for efficient hospital workflow, regardless of the electronic health records (EHR) system or document management product in place. The solution addresses content storage challenges that customers may face regarding health information management (HIM) and enterprise-wide data overload.
“As a single solution for the enterprise, OneContent helps reduce total cost of ownership associated with system and vendor complexity while simplifying administrative and system overhead,” said Patrick Gardner, vice president of product management, Enterprise Information Solutions, McKesson Technology Solutions. “Together, with PaperStream IP, OneContent gives our customers a powerful solution to convert documents into high-quality images while reducing the risk of errors and optimizing workflow and productivity.”
“Fujitsu is excited to announce McKesson’s certification of OneContent with PaperStream IP,” said Jeff DeCarlo, senior vice president of marketing and corporate strategy, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “The certification provides the healthcare industry with a flexible, high-quality scanning solution at a low cost that aease of deployment throughout the enterprise and makes document capture and workflow more streamlined and easier than ever before.”
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market. These features include edge repair fills, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PaperStream IP include:
• Preset Profiles: Reduced setup time with preset profiles that include a selection of black and white, color or auto-color. The driver’s defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal.
• Assisted Scanning: In the rare instances when a document’s background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan feature takes the guesswork out of document cleanup by providing nine distinct cleaned up thumbnail images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or detailed driver changes.
• Real-Time Preview: For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
• Fast Scanning: Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PaperStream IP takes advantage of the PC’s multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
• Patch and Barcode Recognition: In conjunction with scanning applications, PaperStream IP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as one-dimensional and two-dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, and Code 128, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
About Mckesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 11th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit us at http://www.mckesson.com.
Diane Vo - FCPA
Company: Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Copyright 2015 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify, at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
Date: October 22, 2015
City: Sunnyvale, CA
Fujitsu Computer Products of America