NextGen Healthcare Achieves Certification with PaperStream IP Image Enhancement Solution
Certification of NextGen® Ambulatory EHR Further Expands Capabilities of the Award-Winning Fujitsu “fi-Series” Scanner Product Line
Fujitsu Computer Products of America
In combination with Fujitsu “fi-series” scanners
, PaperStream IP delivers a powerful image processing solution that allows documents to quickly and easily be converted into exceptionally clean images, giving organizations the ability to maximize automation, productivity, and efficiency throughout the document capture processes. PaperStream IP is equipped with both a TWAIN and ISIS driver interface to seamlessly integrate with the myriad of scanning applications on the market today.
“Becoming a certified partner underscores our commitment to providing both our current and future clients with the latest cutting-edge technologies,” said Michael Lovett, executive vice president and general manager, NextGen Healthcare. “By integrating our state-of-the art solutions with the PaperStream IP driver, we can now provide the industry with the highest image quality to improve document workflow processes and ultimately better care quality for patient populations.”
NextGen Healthcare is a leading healthcare information technology (HIT) solutions provider, including integrated electronic health records (EHR)
, practice management (PM), revenue cycle, billings, collections, claims, Health Information Exchange (HIE), analytics, electronic data interchange (EDI), interoperability, and connectivity products and services for medical practices, clinics, and hospitals. Through its integrated, scalable enterprise solution, it facilitates data sharing and efficiencies across multi-site organizations and between healthcare systems. This enables healthcare organizations to realize optimized clinical, operational, and financial outcomes through improved revenue cycle and clinical performance, efficiency, and health reform compliance.
“Fujitsu is proud to have NextGen Healthcare, one of our premier software partners, fully support our new PaperStream IP driver,” said Scott Francis, senior vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “The NextGen Ambulatory EHR solution coupled with PaperStream IP’s high quality images and easy-to-use, but powerful functionality, deliver improved content extraction and high workflow efficiency to our joint customers.”
Built on decades of technology refinement, PaperStream IP improves on numerous industry enhancement features while bringing many other specialized features to market such as edge repair fills, multi-stream capability for fast output of different color formats simultaneously without slowing down scans, and blur correction for smooth dot matrix print and better OCR and reproduction. Additional features of PSIP include:
• Preset Profiles: With a simple selection of black and white, color or auto-color, the driver’s defaults provide perfect images utilizing advanced features such as auto orientation, blank page removal, deskew, and hole punch removal. Setup time is also kept to a minimum.
• Assisted Scanning: In the rare instances when a document’s background is not automatically cleaned up, the Assisted Scan takes the guesswork out of document clean up by providing nine distinct cleaned up images. Users simply select the image that looks best. There is no need for technical prowess or detailed driver changes.
• Real-Time Preview: For complex documents that require their own specialized profiles, the Real-Time Preview functionality eliminates the need to rescan documents as changes are immediately made.
• Fast Scanning: Having a small usage footprint of approximately 100MB, PSIP takes advantage of the PC’s multicore processor to perform powerful cleanup without compromising throughput. PaperStream IP also provides 64-bit support for the latest generation of advanced scanning applications.
• Patch and Barcode Recognition: In conjunction with scanning applications, PSIP recognizes all of the most common patch codes including, 1-4, 6 & T, as well as one-dimensional barcodes such as Code 3 of 9, and Code 128, allowing users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing.
For more information about Fujitsu scanners and PaperStream IP, call 800-626-4686 or visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa
. For more information about NextGen Ambulatory EHR, click here
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Diane Vo - FCPA
Company: Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Michelle Rovner - NextGen Healthcare
Copyright 2015 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify, at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
Date: March 17, 2015
City: Sunnyvale, CA
Fujitsu Computer Products of America