Auckland University of Technology
AUT taking strides in ICT sustainability
Auckland University of Technology is the second largest university in Aotearoa (New Zealand). It was established in 2000 when the former 100-year-old technical college was granted university status and now ranks among the top 1% of universities worldwide, with over 29,000 students and 3,000 staff.
AUT is committed to its sustainability agenda and sees ICT as a major opportunity for improvement. It aims to achieve an ICT sustainability best practice score of over 75% by 2024.
- Fujitsu conducted its sustainability benchmark for AUT in 2018 and 2021
- Key areas ICT analysed were enablement, metrics, lifecycle, end user and enterprise
- Short-, medium- and longer-term recommendations were made based on the findings
- AUT’s 2018 ICT sustainability score of 55% increased to 71.3% in just three years
- This is more than double the 31.9% national score for the education, health and welfare sector
- By the next benchmark in 2024, AUT aims to exceed 75%