Environmental Policy - Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu Americas is fully committed to reducing our environmental impact across the scope of our operation and through the services and systems we deliver to customers.
As part of the global Fujitsu Group, Fujitsu Americas is fully committed to the principles of environmental sustainability through identifying and addressing the environmental aspects resulting from and associated with, its activities, products and services. In addition, the promotion of the conservation of natural resources is recognized as a priority consideration for the business and for the communities in which the business operates.
Fujitsu Americas endeavors to ensure that all relevant activities, products and services of the organization are identified and carried out in compliance with the relevant environmental legislation and other requirements.
Fujitsu Americas operates to support its Customers to reduce the environmental impact of their business activities and improve environmental efficiency through Objectives, Targets, Systems, and Programs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Increasing the deployment and delivery of sustainable services and solutions, which contribute to the reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions for the Customer’s operations.
- Increasing energy and resource efficiency in the design, production, and deployment of its products.
With regards to its own business operations Fujitsu Americas is committed to:
- Improve the environmental performance of its data centers.
- Enhancing the environmental efficiency of its business facilities to reduce the consumption of energy and other natural resources (e.g. water, waste).
- Comply with relevant environmental Standards and regulations as well as with legislative requirements.
- To act as industry/market leaders achieving organic growth through a sustainable and responsible business model.
To meet these objectives, Fujitsu Americas operates an Environmental Management System (“EMS”), parts of which are subject to external verification to demonstrate compliance with the relevant international standards ISO 14001 and ISO 50001. The overall aim is for all areas of Fujitsu Americas to be compliant to these recognized International Standards although progress and maturity will vary within business lines and individual countries/regions.
Where opportunities are identified, environmental initiatives may be extended to benefit the wider community to capture social action value and directly support the organizations ethos and values as addressed by the Fujitsu Americas Responsible Business Program.
NOTE: See also Fujitsu Group Environmental Policy which provides an umbrella of general environmental philosophy and principles for all Fujitsu companies worldwide.