Cyber Physical System Laboratory
Cyber Physical System Laboratory
It is an inevitable trend of the blurring boundary between real world and virtual world. At Cyber Physical System Laboratory (CPSL), we conduct wide range of researches within the intertwined digital and physical space, and cover the areas from the networking technologies to various applications:
AI powered Mobility IoT:
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to deal with ever-increasing complexity in the Internet-of-Thing (IoT) space – for instance, we will address the fundamental issues in connectivity, semantics, data analytics, learning, etc. and apply the solutions to applications such as automotive, robotics, etc.
Service Oriented Network
Investigation and development of innovative architectures and solutions for future service oriented networks to facilitate dynamic and intelligent service provisioning, for example, information-centric networking, fog/edge computing, etc.
Smart Energy & IoT
- Daisuke Mashima and Wei-Peng Chen, Residential Demand Response System Framework Leveraging IoT Devices, To appear at IEEE SmartGridComm 2016.
- Wei-Peng Chen and Daisuke Mashima, Optimizing Economic Operations for Residential Demand Response Programs, To appear at IEEE PES ISGT Europe 2016.
- Mohammad-Mahdi Moazzami, Daisuke Mashima, Ulrich Herberg, Wei-Peng Chen, and Guoliang Xing, SPOT: A Smartphone-based Control App with a Device-Agnostic and Adaptive User-Interface for IoT Devices, To appear at IOT Horizons Workshop held with UbiComp 2016. [Poster]
- Shahrouz Alimohammadi, Dawei He ,“Multi-Stage Algorithm For Uncertainty Analysis of Solar Power Forecasting”, Accepted for publication in IEEE PEG General Meeting 2016
- Maryam Kazerooni, Jorjeta Jetcheva, “Micro-Flex: A Flexible VPP Resource Selection Framework based on Micro Balancing Events”, , Accepted for publication in IEEE PEG General Meeting 2016
- Dawei He, Wei-Peng Chen, A Real-Time Electricity Price Forecasting Based on the Spike Clustering Analysis, IEEE PES T&D, May 2016.
- Ulrich Herberg, Jim Zuber, and Daisuke Mashima, "OpenADR 2.0 Profile Specification B Profile Revision 1.1." Available on OpenADR Alliance web site, 2015.
- Dawei He, Wei-Peng Chen, Virtual Power Plant as a Service the Breakthrough Point of Future Human-Centric Smart City, IEEE CDC Workshop, December, 2015.
- Kasun Amarasinghe, Dumidu Wijayasekara, Howard Carey, Milos Manic, Dawei He, Wei-Peng Chen, Artificial Neural Networks based Thermal Energy Storage Control for Buildings, 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2015), November 2015
- Daisuke Mashima, "Authenticated Down-Sampling for Privacy-Preserving Energy Usage Data Sharing." In Proc. of IEEE SmartGridComm 2015.
- Mustafa Faisal, Alvaro Cardenas, and Daisuke Mashima, "How the Quantity and Quality of Training Data Impacts Re-identification of Smart Meter Users?" In Proc. of IEEE SmartGridComm 2015.
- Mohammad Moazzami, Daisuke Mashima, Wei-Peng Chen, Guoliang Xing, SPOT: Smartphone-Based Platform to Tackle Heterogeneity in Smart-Home Systems, Silver Prize of App Contest at MobiCom 2015
- Jorjeta G. Jetcheva, Mostafa Majidpour, and Wei-Peng Chen, Neural Network Model Ensembles for Building-Level Electricity Load Forecasting, Elsevier Journal on Energy and Buildings, Volume 84, December 2014.
- Ulrich Herberg, Daisuke Mashima, Jorjeta G. Jetcheva, and Sanam Mirzazad-Barijough, “OpenADR 2.0 Deployment Architectures: Options and Implications,” Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), Venice, Italy, Nov. 3-6, 2014.
- Robin Berthier, David Urbina, Alvaro Cardenas, Michael Guerrero, Ulrich Herberg, Jorjeta G. Jetcheva, Daisuke Mashima, Jun Ho Huh, and Rakesh Bobba, “On the Practicality of Detecting Anomalies with Encrypted Traffic in AMI,” Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), Venice, Italy, Nov. 3-6, 2014. (Recipient of the SmartGridComm 2014 Best Paper Award)
- Daisuke Mashima and Arnab Roy, "Privacy Preserving Disclosure of Authenticated Energy Usage Data." To appear at IEEE SmartGridComm 2014.
- Apurva Mohan and Daisuke Mashima, "Towards Secure Demand-Response Systems on The Cloud." In Proc. of the International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security (CPS-Sec), 2014.
- Sanam Mirzazad Barijough, Wei-Peng Chen, Evaluation of Voluntary Residential Demand Response in Smart Grids, The 1st International Conference on Intelligent Green Building and Smart Grid (IGBSG 2014), April 2014.
- T. Clausen, C. Dearlove, P. Jacquet, U. Herberg, “RFC7181: The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2”, Standards Track, April 2014.
- U. Herberg, T. Clausen, C. Dearlove, "RFC7182: Integrity Check Value and Timestamp TLV Definitions for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)", Standards Track, April 2014.
- U. Herberg, C. Dearlove, T. Clausen, "RFC7183: Integrity Protection for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2 (OLSRv2)", Standards Track, April 2014.
- U. Herberg, R. Cole, T. Clausen, "RFC7184: Definition of Managed Objects for the MANET Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2", Standards Track, April 2014.
- U. Herberg, T. Clausen, J. Yi, “RFC7186: Security Threats for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)”, Informational, April 2014.
- J. Yi, T. Clausen, U. Herberg, "Depth First Forwarding for Low Power and Lossy Networks: Application and Extension", Proceedings of the IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things 2014, March 2014.
- Daisuke Mashima, Ulrich Herberg, and Wei-Peng Chen, "Enhancing Demand Response Signal Verification in Automated Demand Response Systems." In Proc. of the 5th Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT 2014), Washington, D.C., 2014.
- Alvaro A. Cardenas, Robin Berthier, Rakesh Bobba, Jun Ho Huh, Jorjeta G. Jetcheva, David Grochocki, and William Sanders, “Deployment Considerations for Intrusion Detection Systems in AMI Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 5, Issue 2, pp. 906-915, March 2014.
- T. Clausen, J. Yi, A. Bas, U. Herberg, "A Depth First Forwarding (DFF) Extension for the LOADng Routing Protocol", Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Computing and Networking (CANDAR), December 2013.
- Gaurav Lahoti, Daisuke Mashima, and Wei-Peng Chen, "Customer-centric Energy Usage Data Management and Sharing in Smart Grid Systems." In Proc. of ACM Smart Energy Grid Security Workshop, Berlin, Germany, 2013.
- Robin Berthier, Jorjeta G. Jetcheva, Daisuke Mashima, Jun Ho Huh, David Grochocki, Rakesh Bobba, Alvaro A. Cardenas, and William H. Sanders, “Reconciling Security Protection and Monitoring Requirements in Advanced Metering Infrastructures,” Fourth IEEE Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), Vancouver, Canada, October 2013.
- U. Herberg, J. Zuber, OpenADR Alliance, "OpenADR 2.0b Profile Specification", July 2013.
- U. Herberg, A. Cardenas, T. Iwao, M. Dow, S. Cespedes, “RFC6971: Depth-First Forwarding in Unreliable Networks”, June 2013.
Service Oriented Network and Wireless Communications:
- B. Azimdoost, G. Farhadi, N. Abani, and A. Ito, “Optimal in-network cache allocation and content placement,” IEEE Infocom 2015 Workshop on Communication and Networking Techniques for Contemporary Video, Hong Kong, Apr. 2015.
- L. Liu, Z. Ye, and A. Ito, “CAMS: Coordinator Assisted Mobility Support for seamless and bandwidth-efficient handover in ICN,” IEEE Globecom 2015 Workshop on ICN solutions for Real-world Applications, San Diego, CA, Dec. 2015.
- Ahmed R. Elsherif, Wei-Peng Chen, Akira Ito, Zhi Ding, Adaptive resource allocation for interference management in small cell networks, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 63, No. 6, June 2015.
- Ahmed R. Elsherif, Wei-Peng Chen, Akira Ito, Zhi Ding, Resource Allocation and Inter-cell Interference Management for Dual-Access Small Cells, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications - Special Issue on Recent Advances in Heterogeneous Cellular Networks, Vol. 33, No. 6, June 2015.
- K. Khalil, G. Farhadi, and A. Ito, “Coexistence management for heterogeneous networks in white spaces,” to appear in IEEE ICNC 2014.
- H. Tabrizi, G. Farhadi, and J. M. Cioffi, “CaSRA: An algorithm for cognitive tethering in dense wireless areas,” to appear in IEEE GLOBECOM 2013.
- H. Tabrizi, G. Farhadi, and J. M. Cioffi, “A framework for spatial reuse in dense wireless areas,” to appear in IEEE GLOBECOM 2013.
- H. Tabrizi, G. Farhadi, and J. M. Cioffi, “Tethering over TV white-space: Dynamic hotspot selection and resource allocation,” in VTC Fall 2013.
- G. Farhadi and A. Ito, “Group-based signaling and access control for cellular machine-to-machine communication,” in VTC Fall 2013.
- Ahmed R. Elsherif, Wei-Peng Chen, Akira Ito, Zhi Ding, Design of dual-access-technology femtocells in enterprise environments, 24th IEEE Personal Indoor Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2013), September 2013.
- Ahmed R. Elsherif, Wei-Peng Chen, Akira Ito, Zhi Ding, Adaptive Small Cell Access of Licensed and Unlicensed Bands, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2013), June 2013.
- Ahmed R. Elsherif, Wei-Peng Chen, Akira Ito, Zhi Ding, “Revenue Maximization of Mobile Network Operators Using Dual-Band Small Cells,” The First International Conference on Universal Village, January 2013
- Chenxi Zhu, and Wei-Peng Chen, “A game theoretic approach to distributed bandwidth allocation in OFDMA-based self-organizing femtocell networks,” Book chapter in Heterogeneous Cellular Networks, Jon Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York City, 2013.