NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Biometrics and Identity Management
Fujitsu enables more effective biometric and identity management. Governments and commercial businesses are able to reduce the risk of identity fraud to citizens and consumers, for criminal or terrorist purposes. Fujitsu provides a full range of services in biometrics and identity management, including: systems integration, applications development, infrastructure deployment, service management and maintenance services for these functions.
Fujitsu work closely with partners to supply state of the art biometric software and devices, using commercial off the shelf products to reduce risk and cost for our customers. Fujitsu also maintains its own range of biometric products and sensors.
- Biometric border control systems for the United Kingdom.
- Visa assessment systems for the United Kingdom and Estonia.
- Criminal records and biometrics systems for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Biometric passport issuance in Japan.
- Speaker Verification for the Australian Government.
- Commercial, Educational and Healthcare biometric applications in the USA, UK, Spain and Japan.
- Automation of highly secure processes.
(e.g. call centres, border control)
- Reduction in losses through employee and customer fraud.
(e.g. time sheet manipulation)
- Lower cost regulatory compliance.
(e.g. securing access to financial or medical records)
- Better controls of premises and data.
(e.g. preventing access card or password sharing)
In addition to national scale deployments of fingerprint, face recognition and speaker verification systems, Fujitsu has developed enterprise scale biometric authentication solutions using their PalmSecure™ technology.
Fujitsu's PalmSecure™ is a contactless, hygienic system, based on palm vein pattern recognition technology. It can protect both your personal information and your security systems. It is highly accurate and easy to use, and is widely used in education, healthcare and banking.