NOTE: this is an archived page and the content is likely to be out of date.
Updated Notice on ScanSnap Compatibility
Status with macOS Sierra
Refined scope: details on the limited circumstances that may trigger issue
This announcement provides an updated notice about the ScanSnap compatibility problems with macOS Sierra (*1) previously posted on September 15, 2016. Please read carefully when using ScanSnap or ScanSnap applications on macOS Sierra.
(*1) Released by Apple on September 21, 2016.
- Models impacted:
All ScanSnap series scanners including ScanSnap Evernote Edition
- Note for using ScanSnap or ScanSnap Applications on macOS Sierra
In order to avoid the ScanSnap compatibility problems, please do not use ScanSnap or ScanSnap applications on macOS Sierra in the following manner as doing so may cause some pages to be deleted or to become blank.
- Do not use [ScanSnap Organizer], [ScanSnap Merge Pages], or [CardMinder]
- Do not use Excellent mode when scanning A3 (11.7 in. x 16.5 in.) documents*
*No image data will be lost nor any blank pages produced when content that has been scanned in the A4 (8.3 in. x 11.7 in.), Letter (8.5 in. x 11 in.), Legal (8.5 in. x 14 in.), or smaller sizes is saved.
- Do not select the following functions in either Quick Menu or Application
Details on specific conditions
- [Scan to Print]
- [Scan to Evernote (Document)]
- [Scan to Evernote (Note)]
- [Scan to Google Drive]
A fix for the above problems is expected to be made available in the middle of October, 2016.
Previous announcement (September 15, 2016)