Fujitsu PRIMERGY Underpins Businesses ICT Competitive Advantage
Fujitsu UK & Ireland
Enhanced Energy Optimisation
- Fujitsu Cool-safe Advanced Thermal Design allows customers to save energy and cooling costs while ensuring system availability even under extreme conditions.
- New power supply units with 80Plus Titanium (96%) energy-efficiency
- The new generation of dual-socket PRIMERGY servers increases the performance of applications as a result of perfect interaction between storage, server and I/O.
- A state-of-the-art 22nm manufacturing process, up to 12 cores per socket and a larger cache (30MB LLC) allows up to 50%6 more performance.
- More expandability of main memory (up to 1536 GB) and enhanced speeds (up to 1,866 MHz) are achieved, in order to fulfill the requirements of solutions operating ‘in-memory,’ such as SAP HANA.
- 12Gb/s Solid State Drives and 12Gb/s RAID controller with 2GB cache for performance boost of databases and Business Intelligence:
- Particularly for High-Performance Computing (HPC) related scenarios, two new types of accelerators will be available: NVIDIA’s Tesla K-series (K20, K20X) GPGPU and the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor 5100/7100 series (ideal for seismic processing, biochemistry simulations, weather and climate modeling, signal processing, computational finance, Computer-aided Engineering, Computational Fluid Dynamics, data analytics and other high performance computing areas). These are fully integrated within the FUJITSU Software HPC Cluster Suite, usable through HPC Gateway application workflows.
Holistic Server Lifecycle Management:
- PRIMERGY systems make ICT work more efficiently. Up to 55% savings7 on running costs and increased productivity enable organisations to redeploy scarce IT resources to value-creating tasks.
- Saves time and conserves valuable IT resources by simplifying remote management with the new, CIM-compliant, integrated Remote Management Controller (iRMC S4).
- The iRMC S4 is based on its successful predecessor iRMC S3 and provides additional functionality such as HDD and RAID monitoring, Video Capturing and virtual media support for multiple CD/DVD, HDD or FDD images or physical drives.
- Deploys servers quickly, manages virtual or physical server health, and optimises energy consumption with Fujitsu’s ServerView Suite, supported by the Intel Node Manager.
Global Lifecycle Excellence:
- Fujitsu's broad portfolio of services and tools provides the added benefit of reducing costs throughout the lifecycle, shortening project times and increasing the availability of applications and services. This represents up to 45% reduced roll-out cost in the implementation phase and up to 35% reduction on administration through Managed Services. Fujitsu ServerView Management has also been enhanced.
Thomas Strohe, Founder and Executive Officer, intergenia AG
“The PRIMERGY Systems from Fujitsu exceed our expectations as regards energy efficiency, state-of-the-art technology, price and quality.”
Uwe Neumeier, Vice President, Server Systems EMEA&I, Fujitsu Technology Solutions
“Our many innovations are the result of a clear strategy to deliver the most efficient, best-performing server solutions in every class to meet the needs of our customers – from small to very large datacenters. The new benchmark world records reaffirm Fujitsu’s role as a leader in server energy efficiency and performance. The new generation of FUJITSU PRIMERGY servers are making an important contribution to this, supplying up to 50% more performance in the same power envelope even compared to the previous record-breaking generation.”
Pricing and availability
The new generation of FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY Systems will be available through Fujitsu and its distribution partners from the beginning of October 2013. This includes the PRIMERGY TX tower servers for remote and branch offices, the versatile PRIMERGY RX rack-mount servers with leading efficiency and performance, the compact and scalable PRIMERGY BX blade systems providing infrastructure density and converged management, and the density-optimised PRIMERGY CX cloud server infrastructures providing more computing power in less space. Prices vary by model and configuration.
Notes to editors
- Competitive benchmark results stated above reflect results published on www.spec.org as of September 10, 2013. Score of 8,097 overall ssj_ops/watt published by Fujitsu on the PRIMERGY RX300 S8. SPEC and SPECpower are trademarks or registered trademarks of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See the latest SPECpower_ssj2008 results.
- Benchmark comparisons stated above reflect results published as of September 10, 2013 on www.sap.com SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
- Competitive benchmark results stated above reflect results published on www.spec.org as of September 10, 2013. Score of 109 SPECfp_base2006 published by Fujitsu on the PRIMERGY RX350 S8. SPEC and SPECcpu are trademarks or registered trademarks of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). See the latest SPECcpu2006 results.
- Benchmark comparisons stated above reflect results published on www.sap.com as of September 10, 2013. SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
- Hype Cycle for Data Center Power and Cooling Technologies, 2013:
Gartner, Inc. by Mike Chuba and Jay E. Pultz, July 31, 2013.
- Internal measurement with LINPACK: PRIMERGY RX350 S7 featuring Intel Xeon processor E5-2690 achieves 363 GFLOPS while PRIMERGY RX350 S8 featuring Intel Xeon processor E5-2690 v2 archieves 546 GFLOPS.
- Fujitsu customer reports show that by using Fujitsu ServerView management practices for virtualised and real server installations results in up to 55% savings on running costs. (Case Study: ARA Assistance).
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu UK and Ireland
Fujitsu UK and Ireland is a leading IT systems, services and products company employing over 10,100 people with an annual revenue of £1.6 billion. Additionally, Fujitsu’s other operations in the UK bring its total employee numbers to over 14,000 and its total revenues to £1.8 billion. Its business is in enabling its customers to realise their objectives by exploiting information technology through its integrated product and service portfolio. This includes consulting, applications, systems integration, managed services and product for customers in the private and public sectors including retail, financial services, telecoms, government, defence and consumer sectors. For more information, please see: http://uk.fujitsu.com
Date: 12 September, 2013