The IDC (Insulation Displacement Connector) is also known as an insulation-displacement contact, or insulation-piercing contact. It is a connector designed to work with ribbon cables, and uses sharp contacts to clamp onto the wire, piercing the insulation and connecting with the wire in a secure and convenient way.
IDC connectors are mainly specified by pitch size and number of contacts.
Available features include high temperature insulation material (UL94V-0), a wide operating temperature range (from -40°C to +105°C), gold or tin plating, low profile, and optional strain relief.
Available products include:
- 1.27mm Socket Housing Flat Cable IDC Type Connector
- 1.27mm IDC Connector R/A Dip Type
- 1.27mm IDC Connector SMD Type
- 1.27mm IDC Connector Straight Dip Type
- 1.27mm IDC Connector Straight Dip Type with Peg
- 2.00mm IDC Socket With Strain Relief & Center Key
- 2.00mm IDC Plug Dip Type
- 2.54mm Ejector IDC Box Header Type
- 2.54mm IDC Box Header With Ear Type
- 2.54mm IDC Socket With Strain Relief & Center Key
- 2.54mm PCB Connector Socket With Lock R/A Dip Type
- 2.54mm UL TRA ATA Bus 40Ways IDC Connector With Strain Relief
- 2.54mm IDC Connector Paddle Board Type
- 2.54mm PCB Connector Socket With Lock Straight Dip Type
- 2.54mm IDC Connector Plug On Wire Type