Build better products with Fujitsu’s superior non-volatile memory solutions
FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory) is a unique memory solution that combines the best features of RAM and ROM. It significantly outperforms existing non-volatile memories like E2PROM and Flash by offering fast random writing access, high write cycle endurance and low power consumption. FRAM technology functions by utilizing ferroelectric material in the memory cells. Its outstanding features enable significant performance improvements, frequent data access and last data backup at sudden power outage for customer applications.
Fujitsu began mass-producing FRAM technology in 1999 and was the first company to manage high volume production of this memory technology. Since this time we have shipped a large number of FRAM products worldwide, and have gained more experience in FRAM manufacturing than any other company.
With in-house development and manufacturing, we have been enabled to create a close link between product design and factory production. This close link allows us to produce and deliver substantial and high-quality products onto the market along with a highly stable supply chain.
Product features include:
- fast overwrite speed (30,000 times faster than EEPROM)
- high endurance (up to 10 trillion read/write cycles)
- low power consumption
- tamper resistance
- higher resistance to radiation than flash and EERPOM
- higher resistance to magnetic fields than MRAM
Benefits for users include:
- real time logging/monitoring possible
- simplification of system architecture by replacing RAM/ROM operations with FRAM
- reduced error sources in a simplified system
- extend/ensure battery lifetime
- increase/ensure data security and integrity
- Smart Metering
- Factory Automation
- IoT / Wearables
- Energy Harvesting
Read the latest FRAM product news
- Germany, Langen, April 14, 2020
- Fujitsu has launched a 2Mbit FRAM with a 1.8V power supply and a guaranteed operation up to 125℃
- Non-volatile memory optimal for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) for advanced automotive markets
- Germany, Langen, October 8, 2019
- Fujitsu has Launched 2 Mbit FRAM with Guaranteed Operations up to 125°C
- Optimal non-volatile memory for applications in automobiles and industrial robots that require high reliability in high-temperature environments
- Germany, Langen, October 25, 2018
- Fujitsu: New product of automotive FRAM-family with 64Kbit
- Non-volatile storage technology with fast access and temperature range of up to 125°C / Supported with AEC-Q100 qualification
- Germany, Langen, September 18, 2018
- Fujitsu has launched a new 4Mbit Serial FRAM with upper compatibility to EEPROM
- Fujitsu Semiconductor launches a new 4Mbit FRAM product, the MB85RS4MT, that has the highest density in our FRAM lineup of serial peripheral interface (SPI) products.
- Germany, Langen, June 26, 2018
- Fujitsu announces FRAM with a capacity of 8 Mbit
- Fujitsu introduces a new FRAM product with a storage density of 8 Mbit. The MB85R8M2T is particularly suitable for use in industrial automation and financial logging systems, where a high data throughput is required, and the integrity of the data is essential.
- Germany, Langen, April 24, 2018
- Fujitsu has launched a 64-Kbit FRAM Guaranteed to Operate as low as -55℃
- Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited has developed the MB85RS64TU, a 64-Kbit FRAM, capable of operating at temperatures as low as -55℃. A first for the Fujitsu's family of FRAM non-volatile memories, mass-produced products are currently available.
- Germany, Langen, January 11, 2018
- Fujitsu announces a new die shrink FRAM generation
- Fujitsu Electronics Europe (FEEU) announces the first product of a new die shrink FRAM generation: MB85RS2MTA. With the brand new FRAM generation, FEEU is able to provide affordable FRAM products to the market and has reached a further milestone to expand the potential market for FRAM technology. Fujitsu will be able to offer higher density FRAM products in the near future.
- Germany, Langen, May 10, 2017
- Fujitsu announces a second high temperature FRAM for Automotive and Industrial Applications
- Fujitsu Electronics Europe (FEEU) has launched a second high temperature FRAM MB85RS128TY. This 128kbit Ferroelectric Random Access Memory (FRAM) device is designed for an operating temperature of up to 125°C and is qualified according to AEC Q100 industrial standard.