Aizu Fujitsu Semiconductor
- Company name: AIZU FUJITSU SEMICONDUCTOR LIMITED
- Foundation: 2014
- Headquarter: Aizu Wakamatsu City, Fukushima, Japan
- Products: 150mm and 200mm wafer foundry service, wafer test
- Company home page: http://www.fujitsu.com/jp/group/afsl/en/
Aizu Fujitsu Semiconductor Wafer Solution Limited
For the 150mm (6 inch) wafer fab, we provide optimum wafer foundry services for analog products and microcontrollers used for digital home electronics, automobiles and industrial equipment. This fab has a capacity of ~14.000 wafers/month produced on ~10,000m2 floor space. We also started mass production of Gallium nitride (GaN) power devices in the second half of FY2014 ahead of other manufactures. This device is expected to greatly reduce power loss during power conversion and to contribute to the achievement of a low-carbon society.
Find more information on our GaN products here: Gallium Nitride.
Aizu Fujitsu Semiconductor Manufacturing Limited
For the 200 mm (8 inch) wafer fab, we provide foundry services for various LSIs including flash memory embedded microcontrollers used in automobiles and digital products. This fab has a capacity of ~25.000 wafers/month produced on ~30,000m2 floor space. Our customers’ products are used in a wide range of industries, from automobiles and communications such as mobile phones, to computers, GPS devices and home audio equipment. Also our nonvolatile FRAM memory technology is manufactured here.
Find more information on our FRAM products here: FRAM.
Aizu Fujitsu Semiconductor Probe Limited
This company provides sort services for 150mm and 200mm wafers.
With our customers, we contribute to the protection of a rich global environment, using state-of-the-art technology to provide semiconductor devices with superior environmental characteristics.
By applying the following principles, we work to prevent pollution of the global environment and reduce the environmental burden of our products throughout their lifecycles, including development, procurement, manufacture, sales, usage, and disposal:
- By aggressively promoting the development of Super Green Products and the proper management of product chemical content, we improve the environmental characteristics of our products and actively reduce the burden on the global environment and our customers.
- We aggressively promote measures to counteract global warming and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (e.g., CO2, PFCs).
- We aggressively promote chemical management and reduced emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- We aggressively promote waste reduction and appropriate recycling.
- We conform to environmental regulations around the world and keep our promises to customers.
- We work to improve the individual environmental consciousness of our employees, to help them become good environmental citizens, promote the preservation of biological diversity, and make environmental and social contributions in their local communities.
- We expand the effectiveness and transparency of our environmental management system, driving continuous improvement and development.
Our Company's Points of Emphasis
Aizu Fujitsu Semiconductor Ltd. will implement the following points of emphasis in compliance with Fujitsu Semiconductor Group's environmental policies.
Environmentally-friendly business development
Supply and proposal for eco-friendly products
Development and promotion of energy-saving products
Environmentally-friendly business transactions with other companies
Promoting purchase of plants and trees
Supply and proposal for services useful for environmental conservation
Appropriate management of chemical substances contained in our products
Compliance with legal regulations and customers' requests
Activities for reduction of environmental load
- Promotion of energy saving (power consumption)
- Promotion of resource saving (paper, office supplies)
- Appropriate management of waste (garbage separation) and promote recycling of resources (reusing paper only printed on one side, etc.)
Participation in and support of environmental preservation activities in our community
- Activities to contribute to the promotion of an environmental society
- Activities to promote biodiversity conservation
Important themes (Reduction of environmental load in the foundry business)
- Contribution to saving energy and power consumption of electronic equipment with power device products
- Reduction of greenhouse gases (CO2, PFC) emissions
- Appropriate use and reduction of discharges of chemical substances
- Reducing the generation of waste products
Aizu Fujitsu Semiconductor Limited is a company manufacturing semiconductor products used as the brain of computers, mobile phones and home appliances. The company is surrounded by an abundance of nature, featuring the magnificent Mt. Bandai and Lake Inawashiro, home of wild swans. In order to pass this vast and beautiful nature onto the next generation, our company aims to achieve to become the "Green Factory (eco-friendly factories)" with the pursuit of eco-friendly manufacturing based on the concept of "eco-friendly business operations."
Environmental contribution to society and Environmental load data
Fujitsu Group Acquisition of Worldwide Integrated Certification
Our company acquired the global environmental management system certification which complies with ISO 14001.
Regulatory Authority: Japan Audit and Certification Organization for Environment and Quality (JACO)
Registration number: EC98J2005 (Certified worldwide as Fujitsu Group)
Certified on: March 14, 2001
Updated on: March 23, 2015
Valid till: March 22, 2018