Fujitsu’s showcases latest Human Centric Innovation at Fujitsu Innovation Gathering 2015 in Madrid
Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd.
- Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe’s annual showcase event comes to Madrid
- Solutions include healthcare, environment monitoring, tourism, transportation and document digitization – some on show for the first time outside Japan
- Awards ceremony for Fujitsu Linked Open Data Challenge for Spain 2015
The solutions on show from Fujitsu Laboratories group include:
- A novel LED light technology, capable of unlocking data just by shining a special light on an object, bringing together real-world objects and ICT – for example in retail enviornments, or museums.
- A ring-type wearable device for facilitating hands-free operations, turning air-written fingertip movements into letterform tracings and improving efficiency in industrial applications.
- A medical image registration solution that enables faster and more efficient cancer detection.
- High-precision flood forecasting simulation for disaster mitigation based on mathematical parameter optimization.
- An intelligent transportation solution using video surveillance and analysis for automatic traffic monitoring.
- Ultra fast image video surveillance, enhancing standard CCTV images to aid the detection of forest fires, improve aircraft manoevering in poor weather conditions, and improve traffic safety.
- Personalized services, based on the Coelition standard for human behavior data.
- Contactless largescale image stitching, as a cost-effective solution for preserving ancient documents.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
Established in 2001 and with an active presence in Europe since 1990, Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited represents Fujitsu Laboratories across EMEIA, focusing on regional initiatives that reflect the diverse mix of countries and ideologies. Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe is focused on the creation of cutting-edge solutions that benefit society, working with customers, collaboration partners and society as a whole to drive the evolution of information communication technologies. It works on the principle of open innovation, with particular emphasis on Future Networking, Big Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, Social Innovations, and Supercomputer Applications, please see http://www.fujitsu.com/uk/fle/.
Garrett Axford Ltd (on behalf of Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd)
Phone: +44 1903 854900
Company:Garrett Axford Ltd
Georgina Garrett, Director
All company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 26 May, 2015
City: London and Madrid
Company: Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd.
Share this page