Northampton Borough Council
Freedom of information: Council uses Fujitsu
scanner to process FOI requests faster and
To handle its FOI requests, NBC chose CycFreedom2 from Geoff Smith Associates Limited – a complete ’off the shelf’ solution specifically designed to case manage FOI and other Disclosure requests. This powerful system manages and records all of NBC’s FOI requests, challenges and complaints and stores the associated documents in digital formats. Once a request has been inputted CycFreedom2,
NBC’s staff can use the software to manage it every step of the way, from first response through to final resolution. FOI requests often generate and accumulate a lot of paperwork and other materials – such as letters, emails, faxes, plans, reports and photographs – which must be digitised before they can be inputted into CycFreedom2. For this task, NBC needed a precision workgroup scanner that would be simple to use and maintain, and could reliably handle high volumes.
NBC chose the Fujitsu fi-5530C because of its small desk-top footprint and ability to scan both sides at the same time. This versatile workgroup scanner is ideal for unattended scanning of multi-page, colour or black and white documents and batches, and can scan any paper size from A8 to A3. The ADF will take up to 100 sheets at a time processing them at up to 35 pages per minute.
The Fujitsu fi-5530C rapidly processes all physical FOI documents and images received by the council, and enables staff to keep on top of the flow of incoming paperwork – even at times of peak activity. Additionally other departments within NBC utilise Fujitsu fi-6770 flatbed scanners in conjunction with barcoding as part of their service specific case management systems.
Additional benefits of the Fujitsu fi-5530C for NBC:
- Helps the council to continue to meet its statutory responsibilities
- Scanned documents enable a clear audit trail within CycFreedom2
- Several users can now access the same case file at the same time
- High capacity means there is no immediate need to recruit extra staff
- Saves physical storage space for paper documents
- Old case files can be retrieved in seconds whichever office staff are working from Saves paper, ink and energy
- As all the documents are managed electronically more requests can responded to electronically, saving printing and postage
For more information:
- Scanners: Workgroup scanners
Share this page