Fujitsu today adds six new solutions to its popular ‘Make IT Dynamic’ initiative for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), offering easy-to-manage computing power to suit individual budgets. By choosing special SMB-focused solutions from Fujitsu, the leading European IT infrastructure provider, smaller companies can expect worry-free IT solutions designed to underpin their business priorities.
Increasingly for companies of all sizes, right-sized IT infrastructures are critical to their business success. As IT dependency grows, so SMBs need to answer tough questions about their future IT strategy – and to be sure that their chosen solution provides the stability and scalability needed to support future growth.
Fujitsu’s ‘Make IT Dynamic’ initiative addresses this head-on, offering a choice of IT infrastructure building blocks based on reliable Fujitsu PRIMERGY x86 rack and blade servers and ETERNUS storage systems, with built-in scalability to grow with business requirements. Now added to the ‘Make IT Dynamic’ line-up are the new PRIMERGY BX400 blade server , and the new ETERNUS CS800 S2 Efficient Data Protection Appliance. Both server and storage are specially suited to and developed for midmarket customers. For companies that need further easy-to-implement features on top of their server and storage systems, Fujitsu offers integrated, pre-tested solutions for EASY Backup, EASY Virtualization, EASY SAN, EASY High Availability and Business Continuity.
Says Jens-Peter Seick, Senior Vice President Datacenter Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions: “The new solutions with the Make IT Dynamic initiative now complete Fujitsu’s comprehensive range of easy and consistent consulting and support, designed to make our customer’s IT truly dynamic. We’ve added innovative mid-market optimized PRIMERGY blade server and ETERNUS storage platforms to the mix, delivering even more value to them, and to our channel partners.”
For example, Fujitsu customer PHILIPP GmbH’s has achieved its mission to be at the forefront of technology, as is illustrated by its current IT landscape, based on server, storage and virtualization technology from Fujitsu and VMware, in a project planned and implemented by Fujitsu’s partner SACO Software and Consulting GmbH . According to Thorsten Philipp, Philipp GmbH Managing Director: “The expectations from our virtualization project have been more than exceeded. We now have an IT infrastructure that offers us great agility and fault tolerance. It enables us to meet current market requirements and keep on increasing customer satisfaction.”
Fujitsu’s Make IT Dynamic website includes more information about the initiative, including details of which solutions are available in individual markets, and a useful solution finder that helps customers identify a product combination that best meets their needs .
- ends -
For further information, please see:
Notes to editors
Pricing and Availability
All products are available in all global regions. The Make IT Dynamic Solution bundles are currently being rolled out to: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, India, Middle East, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, and UK. Availability and cost varies by region.
New Solutions to Meet a Range of Customer Challenges
Each of the new solutions in Fujitsu’s extended ‘Make IT Dynamic’ initiative eases recognized customer pain-points, while providing partners with additional value-added solutions from a trusted major vendor, committed to its channel:
· Easy High Availability and Operations – for easy entry into the world of efficient server life-cycle operations and cost-efficient high availability. Deploying new physical or virtual servers, replacing failed servers or switching over servers to spare servers now takes only a matter of minutes.
· Easy Virtualization with BX400 and Microsoft Hyper-V – for easy and cost-effective entry into the world of blade server technology and server virtualization. System Center Essentials 2010 as part of the solution provides comprehensive unified management for complete IT environments that enables proactive IT management and increased IT efficiency.
· Easy Virtual Storage with BX400 – for easy and cost-effective entry into the world of blade server technology in combination with integrated shared storage. By leveraging the virtual storage appliance with Data ONTAP-v software, customers can benefit from NetApp’s proven and innovative storage efficiency capabilities such as snapshots that help customers achieve greater cost savings and operational efficiencies.
· Easy Backup to Disk with ETERNUS CS800 – for an easy and cost-effective entry into the world of disk-based backup, enabling the customer to use Network-Attached Storage connectivity instead of introducing and administering Fibre Channel technology necessary for tape-based backup. This makes the whole datacenter easier to manage.
· Easy Backup to Tape – for easy protection of a company’s most valuable asset – its data. EASY Backup to Tape comprises ETERNUS LT and Symantec Backup Exec running on a PRIMERGY server that allows data protection in a very affordable way.
· Easy Backup for Startups - ideal for SOHO (small office home office) or SMB customers who want to increase operational efficiency and data safety but who do not have an in-house IT department. EASY Backup for Start-Ups offers server reliability together with effortless backup – at a competitive price.
PRIMERGY BX400 – Blade Server Technology for SMBs Looking for Scalable Efficiencies and Consolidation
The PRIMERGY BX400 was built from the ground up to be a user-friendly, versatile and all-in-one infrastructure designed for midsized customers that have large computing and storage requirements. At the sa me time, it is fully compatible with each component of the PRIMERGY BX blade server portfolio. The system itself is built on four cornerstones:
· Easy-to-use: Easy installation processes and execution of basic management tasks helps users to save valuable time and can cut the daily operations by up to 60 percent.
· Energy-efficient: Reduce your electric bill by up to 30 percent, put less strain on the air conditioning, and reduce the IT related CO2 emissions.
· All-in-one-box: Modular infrastructure to meet office and datacenter environments that enables to use 50 percent more capacity in the same space with latest technology and high performance.
· Cost-sensitive: Consolidated design is more affordable to buy and efficient to own than conventional IT
ETERNUS CS800 S2 Data Protection Appliance – Affordable Disk Backup with Deduplication
Designed to broaden access to efficient data protection into the mid-market, ETERNUS CS 800 is a turnkey data protection appliance and provides a simple and affordable solution for customers which follow a disk backup strategy with deduplication. The advanced deduplication technology reduces typical capacity requirements for disk-to-disk backup by up to 90% to reduce costs. ETERNUS CS800 provides maximum disk performance and highest scalability. Backup data replication between sites uses global deduplication to reduce typical network bandwidth needs by a factor of 20 or more. ETERNUS CS800 also supports the Symantec OpenStorage and Path-to-Tape.
Related Press Releases
· Fujitsu Delivers ‘Make IT Dynamic’ Solutions for SMBs (Munich, October 6, 2010)
Reduces investment risk by providing a one-stop shop for integrated, pre-tested, scalable IT infrastructure
· Fujitsu’s PRIMERGY BX400 Opens Up Blade Computing for Midsize Companies (Munich, November 24, 2010)
New PRIMERGY BX400 provides affordable blade server technology with high reliability and increased productivity, saving time and costs for midsized companies
· ETERNUS CS Efficient Data Protection for Enterprises and the Mid-market (Munich/Frankfurt, October 26, 2010)
Fujitsu delivers greater disaster resilience, even across long distances, plus a unique archiving approach for consolidated, flexible, and cost-effective use of disk or tape storage media
Images of the PRIMERGY family are available online at: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/search.php?search=primergy%2C+family&archive=0
Images of the ETERNUS family are available online at: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/search.php?search=ETERNUS%2C+family&archive=0
Sigrun Harsch, Senior Manager Public Relations
Tel.: + 49 (0) 89 62060 4454
Mobile: + 49 (0) 170 855 06 08
About Fujitsu Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Technology Solutions Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Date: 29 March, 2011
Share this page