FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX Ethernet FEX 10Gbit/s 16/8 (Cisco Nexus B22F)
The PRIMERGY BX Ethernet FEX 10Gbit/s 16/8 is a Connection Blade for Fujitsu PRIMERGY Blade Servers and is an element of Fujitsus DynamicFabric approach to create a highly-flexible and optimized network infrastructure. The Connection Blade is part of the Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) portfolio, which provides a scalable unified server access platform supporting up to 10Gbit/s Ethernet over both fiber and copper and data center bridging protocols.
Features & Benefits
|Features ||Benefits |
- Sixteen 10Gbit/s downlinks: Each Ethernet downlink supports Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Datacenter Bridging (DCB), and iSCSI.
- Eight 10Gbit/s uplinks: Each Fabric uplink carries Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI traffic.
- Up to 24 PRIMERGY BX Ethernet FEX 10Gbit/s 16/8 can be managed by a single Cisco Nexus switch.
- Ideal suited for customers using Cisco Nexus and looking to extend the Nexus architecture to the Fujitsu PRIMERGY BX Blade Server.
- Management by the parent Nexus switch eliminates multiple provisioning, programming and testing points.
- All security and traffic policies are managed by the Nexus switch eliminating security and traffic handling errors. Policies are uniformly applied across the entire domain.
- Supporting technologies like virtual Port-Channel (vPC) and Cisco FabricPath eliminate reliance on the Spanning Tree Protocol, enabling a large multipath, loop free topology.
- Single point of network management: All network device configurations are managed on the Cisco Nexus parent switch, and configuration information is downloaded to the Connection Blade using in-band communication.
- Standardizing on the Cisco Nexus switches for both blade and rack servers allows data centers to support the same switch features across the entire access layer with a single point of management.
- Increased network bandwidth and resiliency, which is needed for delivering mission-critical applications running on multiple server links.
|Increased business benefits|
- PRIMERGY BX Ethernet FEX 10Gbit/s 16/8 can pass Ethernet and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) traffic over the same set of uplinks onto the Cisco Nexus fabric, reducing the total number of uplinks required.
- In combination with new server blades (BX920 S3 and BX924 S3), no additional mezzanine card is required, since all I/O traffic can be handled via the onboard dual-channel 10 Gbit/s Ethernet CNA.
- Reduce operating expenses and capital expenditures by consolidation, cabling reduction, investment protection through feature inheritance from the parent switch, and the capability to add functions without the need for a major equipment upgrade of server-attached infrastructure.
|Active power (max. configuration)||70 W
|Weight||1.3 K g
|Connection type||LAN Connection Blade
Cisco Nexus B22 Series Blade Fabric Extender
|Supported system units||PRIMERGY BX400 S1, PRIMERGY BX900 S1, PRIMERGY BX900 S2
|Max. number per system unit||4 in PRIMERGY BX400 S1, 4 in PRIMERGY BX900 S1/S2
|Supported Server Blades||PRIMERGY BX9xx S3/S4 Server Blades w. 10 Gbit/s CNA on Board
PRIMERGY BX25xx Server Blades w. 10Gbit/s CNA on Board
|Supported Mezzanine Cards||PRIMERGY BX CNA Mezz Card 10 Gbit/s 2 port (MC-CNA112E)
|Down-link ports||16 x 10 Gbit/s Eth
|Up-link ports||8 x 10 Gbit/s Eth (SFP+)
|Recommended Service||X - 24x7 Onsite Service with 4h Onsite Response Time